Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth (and Possumcop), thank you both for the kind words! Not sure I deserve all that, but I try my best! ;)

Steve

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WhyMe -- duly noted. :icon_thumright:

FYI to all -- I just finalized the design of that "lower piece," for the lower rod, the part that the coil attaches to, and I submitted drawings to the machining company that produces those parts for me (for my CTX rods). They responded back with confirmation and pricing, and so I had them go ahead and produce one of those pieces for me, as a "prototype" piece. I have a carbon-fiber tube on order from my tube supplier, the same diameter as the EQ lower rod, and also I ordered a small package of those "spring clips." When these parts arrive in a couple of weeks, I will build the "prototype" lower rod, and make sure it's a good, quality design that works as I intend. At that point, I will take pictures and post them here, and then could begin ordering parts to build lower rods for anyone who decides they would be interested.

Thanks!

Steve

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested in one or two of those lower rods for sure!!! Looking at getting a Anderson or plugger carbon fiber shaft real soon... as I have the dreaded wobbly shaft problem on my eq800... did the tape trick and it kind of works but...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be interested in one or two of those lower rods for sure!!! Looking at getting a Anderson or plugger carbon fiber shaft real soon... as I have the dreaded wobbly shaft problem on my eq800... did the tape trick and it kind of works but...

I did the tape trick and it worked great, but ordered the Anderson away, I guess I’m into luxury it looks cool. Is it lighter? Oh by the way I ordered from Kellyco and did the $28 2 FSU’s shipping and they’re 2 days late. I’ll be getting that money back I can tell you that.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anderson is about the same weight.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you find one Truth.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Diggs -- noted! ;)

Steve

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would be interested in a 3 piece shaft same as factory for the Nox 800. Like the 3 piece for travel can break down and goes in a carry on back pack.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hal,

I hear you, and that may be something I look to do, but it would be down the road a bit, once I get the process for the lower rods "down pat." A full shaft, three-piece (or even two-piece) gets into additonal things -- cam locks, etc. etc. -- that I would have to research/design. But it's on my mind, and would be a possible next step, once I get the lower rod idea up and running...

Steve

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hal,

I hear you, and that may be something I look to do, but it would be down the road a bit, once I get the process for the lower rods "down pat." A full shaft, three-piece (or even two-piece) gets into additonal things -- cam locks, etc. etc. -- that I would have to research/design. But it's on my mind, and would be a possible next step, once I get the lower rod idea up and running...

Steve

Sounds good keep eye out for future developmets.

Thanks

Hal

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can the stock equinox arm cuff be used with the Anderson carbon fiber shafts?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears you can if desired, but there is only one mounting hole for it (vs. 3 for the Anderson arm cuff), so there is no way to adjust it to fit your arm length unlike the Anderson cuff and the Equinox shaft multiple arm cuff mounting holes.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok... thanks V... I appreciate it brother...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got it. Adjusted exactly where I want it. And of course it look cool too. IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Anderson arm cuff have legs? Or does it fall over when set on the ground?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions