Go pro or i phone to record screen and sound and best mounting method

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guessing. Go PRO. More attachments to work with. I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I don't think the audio will be close to a live one.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are going to video your finds mount the camera on your shoulder or chest because shaft mounting doesn’t work to well. IMHO.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the solution to poor audio is to have a "Y" adapter that will divert the headphone output to the GoPro input. I know, another wire to mess with. Or does GoPro allow bluetooth connection? Does GoPro have an aux input jack?
It is kind of like, yes I can use the Equinox speaker but I hear more using ear phones because the sound is amplified and the surrounding noise is dampened with over the ear headphones.

Learning to recognize the different tones is so important to our learning process. But hearing the tones from experts like Calabash Digger or other really good 800 hunters who do videos is important. There area lot of videos on youtube about metal detecting of people using the Equinox, but only a handful are possessing expert knowledge of using the Equinox who can really show you the finer points of hunting with the Equinox.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While using wireless headphones, sound will still come out of the wired headphone jack even though the speaker is cut out. That leaves two options: hooking a patch cord from the h/p jack to the camera while you listen to the tones in your wireless phones or you can hook wired phones into the detector and plug the WM08 module (or a BT APTX LL receiver) into the Go Pro Aux mic input, just need to make sure you do not overdrive the Go Pro mic input because the audio is at line level vs. lower mic level.

BTW Calabash just uses the speaker output of the Deus remote for Go Pro audio which works fine for video purposes (he is listening for the target using his wireless phones). So that presents a third option, plugging an external speaker into a wireless module to provide near field camera audio, while you use wired phones.

Finally, you can pair multiple (up to 4) WM08 modules to provide wireless reception to 4 different headphones or speakers. That way you can hook one WM08 to your headphones and a second (if you have one) to your cam or an external speaker for the cam audio. Super expensive option, though, unless you already have two 800s in the household.

HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Advice, I need to go to tech store and see what I can get to make it work
but I think solution 1 or 2 are good ideas

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My vote is chest mount or attach to the bill of a ball cap.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put the headphones around the camera during those digs. My go pro picks up audio very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread