MANY Hours With the 600

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt almost everyday...and I was one of the early users.
Thoughts-
1) in mild dirt there is nothing deeper. A major plus.
2) in highly fertilized fields I can't seem to get any deeper than my T2 used to go. 6in max. I thought multi would help here.
3) I still have no idea of size/depth on 1/3 of my targets. I used to know the date on coins with my T2.
4) My elbows are starting to hurt.
5) I'm not certain the update helped at all. Might have hurt.
:icon_scratch: So, mixed reaction.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you won't necessarily have a depth advantage in hot soil vs. a decent VLF machine like your T2, but I think you you have a better chance of getting a positive ID vs. a an ambiguous signal.

The update definitely appears to be a mixed bag. Something I was afraid of when the edge on coin crowd started making noises to ML about "fixing" what I considered a nonissue or marginal at best and now mid-conductor performance appears to have suffered. Oh well...

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you won't necessarily have a depth advantage in hot soil vs. a decent VLF machine like your T2, but I think you you have a better chance of getting a positive ID vs. a an ambiguous signal.

The update definitely appears to be a mixed bag. Something I was afraid of when the edge on coin crowd started making noises to ML about "fixing" what I considered a nonissue or marginal at best and now mid-conductor performance appears to have suffered. Oh well...

You going to roll back to the original software V.. ???

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to weather and "real life" (lol) I have really not had a chance to really put it through its paces. I plan on doing some A-B comparisons this weekend so I can make a call one way or the other.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'm still on the fence and very much appreciate your input.
What is "nothing deeper"? In mild dirt, just how deep is your deepest silver dime? Was it a positive ID target, or was it still a marginal signal that could have been a fooler?

Thanks again for your thoughts and HH ALL.

OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is "nothing deeper"? In mild dirt, just how deep is your deepest silver dime? Was it a positive ID target, or was it still a marginal signal that could have been a fooler?
I've dug a few hundred colonial and early american coppers. Over many years with the T2 my deepest were two dug at 11 inches. This year with the nox I've already dug two at an honest foot...and that was 19 and 20 sens. I've also found coppers on cellar hole lips that I myself pounded. At one park (that I previously thought I cleaned out) I was digging silver every 20 feet....very deep too! So, I was a convert. Now that I think about it it was doing well at some fertilized farm fields....but not lately. I can't seem to buy a copper. I don't know if its due to the update, sites, luck, wrong programs, I don't know. Tough hobby to collect data. I guess I'm no help :)

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
My t2se finds nails a foot deep,hasnt locked on any vdi unless its on top of the ground, the 600 is a joy to use but no real depth yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions