Inaugerable swing after owning for three + months. Would you count this as silver?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Received my 800 in June. Took it out to get TID numbers on gold I'd found. And then I searched around the corner of the house for about 10 minutes and found the WWI Army cuff button. Today I took it on my first real hunt with Indian Steve - once again he kicked my royal butt! But that's not really the point of our adventures.

I looked at TID numbers for each target, but I dug every single solid signal I heard. I found 25 keepers (coins) out of as many as 80 digs - or more, got a pouch full of trash, and at 3 hours I was kinda pooped.

Home tonight, threw the trash in the trash and found I'd dug 25 clad coins for $1.27 plus a UAE 50 Fils - Zayed / Khalifa (worth $0.14). Got an International site here :)

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1309.html

Of course mine is really dark black and indecipherable as such!

But I'm going through the pile and remember this little blob - range up in the silver range numbers some have posted.

Looks like a blob of silver solder..... Weighs .19g. It passed both the 18k test and the silver test.

Does a blob of silver solder count as finding silver on your first real outing with the EQ800?

Edit: I should say I retrieved that in my second stage with the Lesche - so about 6"

Of course I'm joking here, guess I'm kinda tickled to death :)

Silver Solder 1.jpg Silver Solder 2.jpg Silver Solder 3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread