15” coil arrived

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what arrived today! Hoped to have got it like last month so i could run it in the lakes, but it’ll see some fields use now. Smokes the deepies in the garden, hard to miss things with the huge swath! Carries momentum while swingin, but not too awfully bad.

OKAfbLb.jpg 8tXicQH.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Look what arrived today! Hoped to have got it like last month so i could run it in the lakes, but it’ll see some fields use now. Smokes the deepies in the garden, hard to miss things with the huge swath! Carries momentum while swingin, but not too awfully bad.

View attachment 1646214 View attachment 1646215

That turned your machine into a mine sweeper. Wow that thing is huge. Lots of luck with it.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you're gonna have one arm a lot bigger than the other! no excuses now, I hope that you find something awesome and deep really quick with that. You can cover a field in just a couple of trips with that coverage. Good luck

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
swingy thingy time!!! hahaha. Curious to see these in action.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone find any videos of the 15" coil in action?

I can't find any.

Matt.

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you happen to know the weight on that coil?

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one!! Now maybe since they got production going on the big one they will see fit to make a nice 8" one.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I'm sure this has been asked before... will it go deeper than a CTX with the 17"? I have a CTX now and wondering if it's worth making the switch.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was someone on here who claimed the EQ with stock coil was as deep as the ctx with the big coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the target. CTX is possibly deeper on silver under ideal soil conditions. It certainly has better Target ID related to silver. But the CTX has a much slower recovery speed and is not as sensitive to mid-conductors like gold, nickels, and brass relics as the Equinox due to the higher frequency components of Multi IQ vs. CTX FBS. All around, the Equinox is more versatile than the CTX and is better than the CTX in thick iron due to its superior recovery speed.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh no......now we gotta hear someone claim the ctx powers through iron......no need for recovery speed! Lol.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I be loving me my 6” coil, I feel confident that every time I go out - even to places I’ve detected frontward and backwards, that I’m going to find something decent. I be loving me some big coil now- just gotta find one in stock. I figure I will make more finds by virtue of the wider swath per swing, and the added depth making up for the 2”-3” Lost by not consistently swinging as low as is possible.
This too I expect to breathe new life into my tired old sites. I hope to cancel out the weight by using a light elastic loop tether going from my finds bags belt to a carabiner I have zip-tied to the base of the Nox’s hand-grip.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted for around 4 hours yesterday, scouting a new property, 2 hours with the 15" coil. Was kinda surprised how well it was still able to hit small deep targets with nails around. As far as the weight, the 12x13 coils i used on other detectors weigh the same or slightly more than this 12x15 (*i don't use coil covers), really not too bad.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see some videos of the beast in action.

Especially comparing it to stock coil.

Matt

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man this is the coil I've been waiting for! Now if I could find one! lol

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you with the new HEWGE 15' cool. That oughtta cover some serious ground. If you alternate arms, why in no time you'll have forearms like Popeye.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you happen to know the weight on that coil?

Yak,

Official Minelab specs say that the 6" coil weighs 300g (10.6 oz.), and the 12"x15" weighs 650g (22.9 oz). I can't seem to find official Minelab specs on the weight of the 11" coil, though.

However, a user on another forum weighed all three himself; he found the 6" to weigh 303g (similar to Minelab's specs), and the 12"x15" to weigh 660g (again, similar to Minelab's specs). He said his 11" coil weighs 506g (17.85 oz.)

SO, if we assume this guy is "correct" with his 11" coil weight (and he was, on the weights of the other two), then it looks like the 12" x 15" coil weighs roughly 150g (just over 5 oz.) more than the 11" coil -- or roughly 29% heavier.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread