Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Best PinPointer ?? Which one to buy?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Oct 2006
    51 times
    I bought a XP MI 4 a few months back charged it, played with it in the front yard to see how it works which was fine a friend of mine wants to go metal detecting over the Christmas Holiday started getting my stuff ready pulled out the XP it wouldn't do anything had it on the charger for 24 hours still won't do anything moral of the story don't buy one!
    Davers and Toecutter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jon

Nov 2018
    Deep East Texas
    XP DEUS w/ 9" X35 and MI6 - Nokta Fors Core w/Garrett Z-Link Headphones and Pinpointer
    158 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That sucks... I've never had a problem with my MI-6, but carry my Garrett pro with me just in case.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    162 times
    Relic Hunting
    Jeepers, I'm on my 4th garrett pro pointer and had no idea the price dropped that much! I paid $127 for each of mine. I hunt almost everyday and they last about 3 years before they start to wack out on you. I thought about the minelab because they advertised discrimination but from the vids I've seen it doesn't work that well. Right now I'd definitely go with the $40 garrett...but I keep saying the person who can produce a truly discriminating pinpointer will die a rich woman or man!
    Davers likes this.

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur, Xp Deus, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Tesoro Bandido Umax, Teknetics Omega 8000
    291 times
    Best bang for the buck : Deteknix Xpointer
    I also have the Garrett Pro pointer and the Makro pointer.

Deteknix Xpointer: Cheap, relaible, deep
    Garrett Pro pointer : not very relaible (had problems with 2 of them)
    Makro pointer : Relaible, takes more time to put on and off, not so deep as Garrett or Deteknix
    Hawks88 likes this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2366 times
    Metal Detecting
    What Peter said! ⬆ I have the same 3 and rank them: XPointer, Makro, Garrett.
    Hawks88 and Toecutter like this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    290 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    The Garrett pro-pointer and pro-pointer AT are 2 different animals and wouldn't be fair to lump all Garrett Pro-pointers together.
    HighVDI, Hawks88 and Joe-Dirt like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3556 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    The Garrett pro-pointer and pro-pointer AT are 2 different animals and wouldn't be fair to lump all Garrett Pro-pointers together.
    Very true! My original black Garrett pinpointer was not the same quality as the new ones. Mainly the on off switch. Had it replaced a couple times.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5668 times
    Dunno about the older Xpointer, but I got the new waterproof Xpointer pro and was less than impressed with the sensitivity and responsiveness compared to my Garrett carrot and XP MI6 pinpointers. Returned it the next day.
    Davers likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Mar 2018
    West Virginia
    161 times
    Relic Hunting
    I like my carrot. It has held up well. Also I Got back to my truck last time out and it was gone. Walked backed towards my last hole and it was there chirping its come find me signal. Nice feature for sure.
    Swaveab and RustyGold like this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    290 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger Pop View Post
    I like my carrot. It has held up well. Also I Got back to my truck last time out and it was gone. Walked backed towards my last hole and it was there chirping its come find me signal. Nice feature for sure.
    Maybe you should invest in a lanyard. It would be a bummer after hunting all day and find it gone again, but the battery could run down before you get back to the area it was dropped or lost in so no come find me beeping with a dead battery. It doesn't necessarily need to be at the last place you hunted either as it could drop anywhere.

I've actually used only my carrot to detect on the sly or stealth like. I have found stuff using only the carrot. That's says loads of it's ability.
    Davers likes this.

Mar 2018
    West Virginia
    161 times
    Relic Hunting
    A laynard is something ive thought about but havent gone thru with yet. As bad as my eyes are I usually use it on every hole so that keeps me from backtracking to far.

us
    Mar 2008
    Michigan
    Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    98 times
    Found a Tek-Point on sale for 78 bucks. I like it so far. The green color is not the best, wrapped the end with floro tape. Thing goes deep and just feels well built. The 800 can cancel out the interference as well.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    I've used and have a Garrett carrot, TRX and fisher f pulse. The f pulse feels the best in your hand. The Garrett carrot is one of those ones you can't go wrong with and the TRX is a falsing, chirping mess.
    I have a Garret PP but I have used the Whites TRX for 5 years or hard relic hunting & 'tho it may be HighVDI 's Unit' mine has worked very well & I don't recall ever having to change the batteries , ( I just did after a long time ) , the only issue is one that is my fault , I can never easily remember how to go from beep to Vibe . Most I know use the Garret & i'd have no issue using either . 'Half the price of a Minelab PP ' I don't know about that but def , less $ for the garret.
    Good Luck my 'home town ' friend & welcome to the T-net site.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    The newest TRX pin pointers ARE waterproof.....not just water resistant. I've had mine underwater many times. Any of the major detector companies have a good pin pointer. I'd get one that truly is waterproof. Other than that, check out the features you like best. Personally, I like one that has a silent mode (vibrator), waterproof, brightly colored, a tether ring, tip only detection, and feels good in my hand. You can deal with tip wear on any of them. Most have tip protectors available, or, do like I've done a few times, dip the tip in Epoxy when needed to protect the end.
    I have also used mine 'TRX' in water but never submerged it for more than a second or 2 , (the speaker hole has tape over it ) & it's gotten very wet plenty times , & I have dipped the tip in that liquid rubber stuff "Plasti Dip" 2 years ago & it's about time for another dip.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5597 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicgrubber View Post
    That sucks... I've never had a problem with my MI-6, but carry my Garrett pro with me just in case.
    This statement says a-lot.
    Good Luck & Merry Christmas

Davers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links