XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally got them ordered today, so should be here by Friday. Pretty stoked, now all I need is a water proof connector for my pre-existing garrett water proof headsets.

Are you looking at cutting off your Garrett WP connector and replacing it with an Equinox WP connector? There are several Equinox compatible WP connectors available on Ebay you can purchase that you can solder onto your old phones or you can place a WTB notice on the classifieds. Be careful about getting an adapter because the interface between your old plug and the adapter jack is usually not waterproof even if the adapter plug end that plugs into the Equinox is waterproof (this is true of the 1/4" adapter accessory cable that ML sells to enable standard wired headphones to be adapted to the Equinox plug-in jack).

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes, I want to solder a connector directly to the wires of the set I have. I no longer own a Garrett and don't plan on ever again so why not convert the water proof Garrett headsets? Yes, I know that they won't have the quality of the better ones but the number of times a year that I might use them might be a handful or more a year. I just to have the option plus I already have a set so why not be able to use them. And as usual, thanks for the help. Jerry

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, I want to solder a connector directly to the wires of the set I have. I no longer own a Garrett and don't plan on ever again so why not convert the water proof Garrett headsets? Yes, I know that they won't have the quality of the better ones but the number of times a year that I might use them might be a handful or more a year. I just to have the option plus I already have a set so why not be able to use them. And as usual, thanks for the help. Jerry

Cannot vouch nor endorse the following just showing you what is available out there as far as connectors and waterproof earbuds are concerned...

Example of available waterproof connector for soldering:

https://www.ebay.com/i/254000025491...&rk=1&rkt=11&sd=192714002976&itm=254000025491

Example of waterproof wired earbuds:

https://www.ebay.com/i/192714017128...=11&mehot=lo&sd=192714002976&itm=192714017128

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Hugh, the 90 degree connector would work, heck they both would do the job for what I would do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions