Any opinions on the 15”?

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No complaints. Comfortable enough.

Found a bunch of clad, several wheats and a merc.

Real test will be my backyard test garden. Tons of coins, all at exactly 6 inches, no detector can see any of it. Tough soil.

If this coil can punch deeper, there is more coil stuff to be found! (see sig)

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The "15-inch" coil is actually a 15x12" elliptical so it has the depth of a 12" coil (slightly better actually) and the swing coverage of a 15" coil.

So if you are in a large field or trying to cover an expansive beach you don't have to tiptoe around the site to ensure coverage like you would have to do with the 6". That is, you can step forward in 15" increments instead of 6" increments to ensure swing coverage.

The 6" drives me nuts if I am trying to cover more than a curb strip sized patch of ground. 6" is killer for working around impediments like playground equipment, fence posts or cornstalks and other vegetation or in small patces of thick iron. Fuggetabboutit in large fields or beaches.

Bottom line, it's more about coverage than depth with the 15" coil with the kicker being you only take about a 5oz weight penalty vs. the stock coil to get an additional 4" of swing coverage and a tad more depth and it still separates and finds the small stuff about as well as the 11" coil. Huge time saver when covering large areas.

Thanks V.

I was worried about the 15". I thought it would go a lot deeper being 15". Shows you what I don't know about coils. I was worried that I would be digging much deeper holes than the ones I would dig with my stock coil finds.

Yes, the extra coverage is really what I want. An inch or so deeper will be ok. Pricing one now. Seems like they are plenty of them available now.

The little extra weight won't bother me since I use a swing harness now with the stock.

Happy New Year

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used it overseas in calm waters and it was great. When I came back and used it in the ocean in Florida it was a little hard to swing in the current.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks V.

I was worried about the 15". I thought it would go a lot deeper being 15". Shows you what I don't know about coils. I was worried that I would be digging much deeper holes than the ones I would dig with my stock coil finds.

Yes, the extra coverage is really what I want. An inch or so deeper will be ok. Pricing one now. Seems like they are plenty of them available now.

The little extra weight won't bother me since I use a swing harness now with the stock.

Happy New Year

I think you will find it to be just the ticket for you.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No complaints. Comfortable enough.

Found a bunch of clad, several wheats and a merc.

Real test will be my backyard test garden. Tons of coins, all at exactly 6 inches, no detector can see any of it. Tough soil.

If this coil can punch deeper, there is more coil stuff to be found! (see sig)

Howd it fair in your test garden?!

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn’t appear to make any real difference from the few minutes I walked there- but I did walk around the rest of the yard and found a 1888 Indian. [emoji2957]

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one equinox per coil, so you do not need to change the coils,...and one pick-up per equinox, so you do not need to unload after the hunt. works for me.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received mine and put it on the machine. Dang that's bit. I really can't see using it other than the beach or fields. As long as it pays for itself I'm happy.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received mine. Dang that's big!!! Can't really see using it except on the beach or fields. As long as it pays for itself I'm happy.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weird, I post things and they don't show up. Then I go to post again and they both show up. I'm sure it's me. Anyway, yay 15" coil!!! (How's that!!?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread