Does your Nox LOVE Iron?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all just wanted to get some feeback. I relic hunt woods with the XP and the Equinox. On the XP i can hear a good tone difference in iron. Meaning that even if it is a good tone it still is not a good chrisp Deus tone. On the other hand with the Nox. That thing can fool me. I get some silver singing chrisp tones that end up being iron. Lowering sens to 18 and bias at 1 helps but its tough to tell allot of the time. I dig it all anyway unless its a grunt but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed the same.

Thanks

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ME TOO!!! same thing. somw sweet tones at any TID can end up as iron. It has made me not use it for relic hunting anymore.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What mode are you using in the woods? I go with Field2, recovery in the middle, iron on. If I get a mid or high tone target that I can’t get to repeat in multiple directions or is dragging the iron tone with it, or VDI bounces large gap in numbers (not close to consistent) i switch to Park1. If Park1 gives nice high tone or mid I dug, but most often it turns to iron/iron tone swings and I pass on digging.

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes its an iron lover, but i found using all metal, field 2 sens 15-20 in iron, recovery 5/6 and only digging repeat solid signals it helps on false
I find it dependable and honest in regards when i doubt a signal and still dig it because i can be forever hopefully it is Iron.

I heard the Deus is better when it comes to unmasking in thick iron using pitch mode and iron bias.

But I have been advised with equinox to test in Gold 1/2 and watch VDI and if solid number becomes more consistent dig it
this works and at great depth also, i was getting a jumpy single with minus and plus but 14/15 would appear faintly, I tested in Gold one 14 stayed on screen in one direction multiply passes , I dug through 3 nails and found a 3/8 lead ball at 20"

this thread from 2 weeks ago it you read through it from the start has some good pointers etc.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/593600-going-iron-infested-property-need-advice.html

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She loves square nails but she'll avoid most iron. I go by the size of the aura in pinpoint. If I have time my shovel does the discriminating. I hunt old home sites with it that are littered with nails and tools. Once I have dialed in the type of square nail readings I am getting I just avoid those signals and look for cleaner targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread