All metal

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering ......Since I got Equinox last May, I have always kept it open in all metal for fear of missing anything discrimination could mask/miss. I run mainly field 2, recovery 4-5,
I don't mind the orchestra of sounds

but by detecting in all metal especially in heavy iron sites am I overloading the system sending too much information into processor and maybe causing the detector to not respond to good targets as a result?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. It is actually probably working less hard because it doesn’t have to process signals through the discrimination filter. The only thing you have to worry about overloading in that case is your brain.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when in 'All Metal' do you still hear the different tones? or is it one tone?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All metal just removes all discrimination and notch rejection. Tones, tone ID and visual target ID are unaffected. It is not true all metal though in the sense that no signal pricessing is applied to the raw received target signal like in some analog detectors, it just means the digital discrimination filter processing is bypassed.

OP
OP
Wild Colonial Boy

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. It is actually probably working less hard because it doesn’t have to process signals through the discrimination filter. The only thing you have to worry about overloading in that case is your brain.

Great Advice Thank you as always, do you think I am being over cautious running all metal all the time at Cellar holes for fear of missing anything, what do most people do?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Advice Thank you as always, do you think I am being over cautious running all metal all the time at Cellar holes for fear of missing anything, what do most people do?

No Nox here but I do hunt in All metal with the excalibur 99% of the time, and in the water, there are some place you just go in wanting to hear everything because you know the place could hold treasure. These places I will dig every target for it tells me the history of the location from the targets, good and bad. And clue me in on the possible chance of finding gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread