🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. I've been running the Etrac for about 5 years now and I know it like the back of my hand. I hunt colonial cellar holes that are infested with iron. I do pretty well, not leaving much behind, but I'm contemplating the Nox. Are there any die hard Etrac users out there that are also using a Nox 600? What are your thoughts? I've been saving up and want to make the right choice...should I pick up the 600, or take a trip to somewhere warm lol. Thanks in advance.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As I know zero about the Etrac or the 600, I recommend you head someplace warm. Immediately!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually alternate between the two. I'll pound a new location with the Etrac first then, on subsequent visits, fire up the Equinox. It just works for me. 😉

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had the Etrac but i had the ctx and i was leaving things behind. Machines like the Deus and the Nox are just so fast that they find the hidden goodies next to trash. with a slower machine you would never notice that you are leaving items beind because the machine cant see them. I have hunted a bunch of spots also thinking they were clean with the ctx and went back with the Deus and it was like i was never there. I love the CTX but the Nox blows it away when it comes to recovery speed. I cant wait for a ctx display on a Nox processor.

If i was a coin hunter only i would use a ctx. Cella Holes imo need a fast machine because there is iron everywhere and the iron is good because you k ow where the action is... but you need to see around that tight iron.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. The 600 will outshine the Etrac in any high trash enviroment. I would just keep the sens. Down on the EQ to curb the iron falsing it is so well known for.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. The 600 will outshine the Etrac in any high trash enviroment. I would just keep the sens. Down on the EQ to curb the iron falsing it is so well known for.

Yup!

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had the Etrac but i had the ctx and i was leaving things behind. Machines like the Deus and the Nox are just so fast that they find the hidden goodies next to trash. with a slower machine you would never notice that you are leaving items beind because the machine cant see them. I have hunted a bunch of spots also thinking they were clean with the ctx and went back with the Deus and it was like i was never there. I love the CTX but the Nox blows it away when it comes to recovery speed. I cant wait for a ctx display on a Nox processor.

If i was a coin hunter only i would use a ctx. Cella Holes imo need a fast machine because there is iron everywhere and the iron is good because you k ow where the action is... but you need to see around that tight iron.

Makes sense to me! Looks like I'll freeze my arse off and swing an equinox next season:)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. I've been running the Etrac for about 5 years now and I know it like the back of my hand. I hunt colonial cellar holes that are infested with iron. I do pretty well, not leaving much behind, but I'm contemplating the Nox. Are there any die hard Etrac users out there that are also using a Nox 600? What are your thoughts? I've been saving up and want to make the right choice...should I pick up the 600, or take a trip to somewhere warm lol. Thanks in advance.

I hunt with both machines. I've used the Etrac as my primary machine (until now using the Nox) for about 8 years now and have several thousand hours on it. I like the Etrac better where bottle caps are a problem. I also like the Etrac I.D. system better. The Nox is better in iron and heavy trash because of it's faster processor. You might also want the 6" coil to go with it if the targets aren't too deep. In the very heaviest of iron sites, the Deus is still king though.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that was going to be my next question lol. I've looked at videos on YouTube (Equinox vs Deus) and I'm not seeing one that is live, in my conditions, that is definitive. I did see one where the Deus didnt pick up targets that the Nox hit on, but again, very sandy, mineralized soil...not the ground conditions in North America. I have to admit, I'm torn.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those were probably mid and low conductors the Eq was picking out.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was, actually. Pieces of lead. Makes me wonder about high tones as well.

hbrown66

Mar 25, 2013
taylorville,IL
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox
minelab e trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the e trac and the nox 600 I love the etrac..but it collects alot of dust now..e trac for sale now...lol

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I owned an Etrac for several years, but I couldn't swing it more than an hour without my elbow giving out. The Nox - I can swing all day.

What good is a high power machine if you can't swing it all day?

What good is a machine if you can swing it all day and it has nearly equal and just maybe better capabilities?

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good point! I can swing the etrac from morning to night, but I'm sore afterwards. The weight of the Equinox is a huge bonus though, not to mention if it has equal capabilities. I'm sure with the faster processor, iron infested sites will produce more with the Equinox as well. Now to read all the threads on 600 vs 800 lol. Decisions, decisions!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can afford the 800, get it. It's a much better deal if you use it for a variety of locations and conditions. It's more adjustable (if needed) and comes with wireless headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread