Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Maximilian
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By cudamark

Thread: It is probbaly me but...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    hr
    Oct 2014
    Montenegro
    XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
    70
    112 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    It is probbaly me but...

    I am still relatively new with equinox with around total 30h on it , almost all on wet and dry beach. On first hunt he find me 2 gold rings so i can say i am quite happy with it. I already payed it off with finds with an average one gold per hunt. All the time i was using beach 2 mode, 50 tones,it was more stable and helped me to not to be too distract with false signal until i have learned sounds and numbers. I even find 0.8gr 24k earning with him so i was thinking that i am not missing anything until, until i decide to test it with my finds who r digged before with Excalibur. 24k, 18k, 14k all was in expected borders and sounds, until i test some 18k white gold, one rings was quite big maybe 8gr with diamonds ,other smaller one around 5gr and nothing, is not silence but not repeatable signal with inconsistent number which i will probably never dig.
    I was shocked , it did register one other white gold ring but 2 of 3 in not really good result. Armed with that experience i went to beach, on dry sand, and again search same area which i worked before. First i got one 2.3gr 18k yellow white gold ring , even on surface he didn't produce repeatable signal , i find it only because flashlight . Second was small 1.6gr palladium ring with diamond on it ,who does produce weak repeatable signal with no 6 on screen. I also get couple of silvers but that was easy targets. When i arrived home, I was question myself what i am doing wrong , i was thinking to do frequency shift , but decide to hit manual first . It comes out that i made mistake and search dry beach with beach 2 instead beach 1 . So i immediately do test again and now in beach mode 1 all white gold produce loud , clear and repeatable signals. I feel really eased after knowing my error but this still maintain question will equinox in beach mode 2 in sea detected 18k white gold targets?
    Does anyone experience similar results?
    RustyGold likes this.

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    7,034
    6424 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Great post Max. Yes I’ve had similar experiences. Try the modes while on the beach just to see the results you get.
    Good luck!
    Maximilian likes this.


    We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

  3. #3
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9,263
    6546 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Have you tried running it in Beach 2 and in all metal?
    Maximilian likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

  4. #4
    hr
    Oct 2014
    Montenegro
    XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
    70
    112 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    No , i didn't, but i will first time i get to the beach ,thanks for input.

  5. #5
    us
    Oct 2018
    Alaska
    Sovereign Equinox
    31
    42 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    No , i didn't, but i will first time i get to the beach ,thanks for input.
    I am new at the Equinox detector, and since there is still lots of snow on the ground in the interior of Alaska and knowing that a few inches of the ground thaws toward the end of May, I spend a lot of time reading all I can about this detector. For what I have gathered, Beach 1 and 2 are for the following:

    "Beach 1 - Designed primarily for damp to wet salt sand (note most of the other modes can run stable in dry white wand even at a salt beach). Hits deep on high and mid conductors. Can find small gold jewelry at depth.

    Beach 2 - Designed primarily for surf and shallow salt water hunting (Equinox can be submerged up to 3 meters). Note that to enable stability, Beach 2 will throttle back transmit power if it senses a high level of black sand or mineralization in the mud."

    On dry fresh water lake sand you can use either Beach 1, or Park 1.

  6. #6
    us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    267
    430 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RayinAlaska View Post
    I am new at the Equinox detector, and since there is still lots of snow on the ground in the interior of Alaska and knowing that a few inches of the ground thaws toward the end of May, I spend a lot of time reading all I can about this detector. For what I have gathered, Beach 1 and 2 are for the following:

    "Beach 1 - Designed primarily for damp to wet salt sand (note most of the other modes can run stable in dry white wand even at a salt beach). Hits deep on high and mid conductors. Can find small gold jewelry at depth.

    Beach 2 - Designed primarily for surf and shallow salt water hunting (Equinox can be submerged up to 3 meters). Note that to enable stability, Beach 2 will throttle back transmit power if it senses a high level of black sand or mineralization in the mud."

    On dry fresh water lake sand you can use either Beach 1, or Park 1.
    Come down to the peninsula, things are thawing out and we can hit one of the beaches

  7. #7
    us
    Oct 2018
    Alaska
    Sovereign Equinox
    31
    42 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz12 View Post
    Come down to the peninsula, things are thawing out and we can hit one of the beaches
    Thanks for offer. One of these days I may have to time to drive that way, but let me tell you that I haven't driven toward Anchorage for over 25 years

  8. #8
    us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    267
    430 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RayinAlaska View Post
    Thanks for offer. One of these days I may have to time to drive that way, but let me tell you that I haven't driven toward Anchorage for over 25 years
    LOL I avoid the city too, I'm in Soldotna which is still too much city for me but I gotta work...

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0