Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Should I Buy an Equinox 800 - I Own a Deus

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6422 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    I have both, well the 600 and the XP, love them both. a great combo to have. to me, the combo is hard to beat. Both have their places with a lot of overlapping for each.
    I too have both and I like using both at the beach. My preferred coil for beach use on the Deus is the HF Elliptical Coil. It’s a very smooth, quiet coil that I apparently have no problem swinging over damp sand even if that seems counterintuitive.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    19533 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (7)
    High VDI, I concur the Equinox is great with coins. My Deus is also great in a park with coins and that elliptical coil at a beach competition hunt is to die for. What V said about a Tesoro, in this case, Tejon is true, it does go about as deep as the Equinox in mild soil, that said, it's drawback is that is has no meter, but is also a few hundred bucks cheaper than an Equinox. I would have to do more head to head tests to know for sure.

I have three backup machines right now. I for one don't need an excuse to buy another, but you never know.

I have both and if not for the odd hunt I do on salt water shoreline I'd sell the Equinox. Not saying it's bad, just not my preferred choice.

Sep 2013
    508 times
    As I do a lot of colonial house sites with my equinox 800, I am considering getting a Deus also to fight though iron

Would you say the equinox is a victim of more masking in Iron than Deus and why?

us
    Apr 2017
    Nw ohio
    This space for rent...
    82 times
    Having had both, I still have the deus, but, I do zero beach hunting. If that were a factor I may still have an eq. Like others, most of the sites I hunt are iron riddled and for me the deus handled that better.
    Long story short, I have an orx as my backup.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3698 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    High VDI, I concur the Equinox is great with coins. My Deus is also great in a park with coins and that elliptical coil at a beach competition hunt is to die for. What V said about a Tesoro, in this case, Tejon is true, it does go about as deep as the Equinox in mild soil, that said, it's drawback is that is has no meter, but is also a few hundred bucks cheaper than an Equinox. I would have to do more head to head tests to know for sure.

I have three backup machines right now. I for one don't need an excuse to buy another, but you never know.
    I've never swung a Deus so I really can't comment on it's performance. I know many people who love them and also do very well......and others who just can't seem to figure them out. Funny, because it's the same thing with every machine it seems!

I gotta be honest. I've probably dug more keepers per hour using my Tejon than any other machine....except for my 800. My Tejon with the 10x12 is a deep, deep unit. It's not for every situation IMO but it definitely has a place in my collection.....which, also needs to stay the same if possible! Lol.

Sep 2013
    508 times
    would you say Tejon is better in nails than equinox and comparable to deus for this single use

us
    Sep 2005
    Resaca, GA
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
    399 times
    Relic Hunting
    sure...i use both, xp is better but equinox is very similar

us
    secondstar

Mar 2017
    Massachusetts
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox
    1009 times
    Metal Detecting
    I got an incredible deal on an Equinox 600 this past fall and use it in conjunction with my XP Deus. I love having two different "processors" for scrutinizing my sites, and the Equinox is of course waterproof. I received the 6 inch coil as a Christmas gift and now have yet another tool on my belt.

ca
    Feb 2014
    Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
    AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
    79 times
    For guys not liking their Nox in iron infested sites, you really need to be careful with your iron bias setting. I'd turn it right off and move slower in heavy iron or you risk masking out keepers. The Deus has a similar setting the name of which escapes me at the moment but the stock Deus programs do a better job of reeling it in than the stock NOX programs do. Which is probably why some feel the Deus is better in iron than the NOX. Obviously one probably is better than the other but over all set up properly, they're close. Calabash does some really good test garden videos about this stuff. Well worth the watch.
    Last edited by Bottlecapbill; Apr 03, 2019 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links