Should I Buy an Equinox 800 - I Own a Deus

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
High VDI, I concur the Equinox is great with coins. My Deus is also great in a park with coins and that elliptical coil at a beach competition hunt is to die for. What V said about a Tesoro, in this case, Tejon is true, it does go about as deep as the Equinox in mild soil, that said, it's drawback is that is has no meter, but is also a few hundred bucks cheaper than an Equinox. I would have to do more head to head tests to know for sure.

I have three backup machines right now. I for one don't need an excuse to buy another, but you never know.

I've never swung a Deus so I really can't comment on it's performance. I know many people who love them and also do very well......and others who just can't seem to figure them out. Funny, because it's the same thing with every machine it seems!

I gotta be honest. I've probably dug more keepers per hour using my Tejon than any other machine....except for my 800. My Tejon with the 10x12 is a deep, deep unit. It's not for every situation IMO but it definitely has a place in my collection.....which, also needs to stay the same if possible! Lol.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sure...i use both, xp is better but equinox is very similar

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got an incredible deal on an Equinox 600 this past fall and use it in conjunction with my XP Deus. I love having two different "processors" for scrutinizing my sites, and the Equinox is of course waterproof. I received the 6 inch coil as a Christmas gift and now have yet another tool on my belt.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For guys not liking their Nox in iron infested sites, you really need to be careful with your iron bias setting. I'd turn it right off and move slower in heavy iron or you risk masking out keepers. The Deus has a similar setting the name of which escapes me at the moment but the stock Deus programs do a better job of reeling it in than the stock NOX programs do. Which is probably why some feel the Deus is better in iron than the NOX. Obviously one probably is better than the other but over all set up properly, they're close. Calabash does some really good test garden videos about this stuff. Well worth the watch.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread