Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Loving the 6" coil

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2011
    Southwest Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600(stock and 6" coil), Profind 35, Makro PP, and a little luck.
    486 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    mine should be ordered now and I have a couple of places just waiting for it. At my age with my health problems, slow ain't a problem. I believe that a lot of people hunt way too quickly and skip a lot of ground. very few actually do a true grid and as Smokey says, a miss is as good as a mile.
    Personally, I set my recovery speed on the Equinox 600 at "2". I have owned a few Minelab Xterras in the past and had good success with them by swinging slow and methodical. I do the same with the Equinox and have had excellent results; now even better with this amazing 6" coil. You won't believe how light it is and it makes pinpointing a breeze. Less recovery time = more hunting time.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Diggn' is my business....and business is good!

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11378 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR2guy View Post
    Personally, I set my recovery speed on the Equinox 600 at "2". I have owned a few Minelab Xterras in the past and had good success with them by swinging slow and methodical. I do the same with the Equinox and have had excellent results; now even better with this amazing 6" coil. You won't believe how light it is and it makes pinpointing a breeze. Less recovery time = more hunting time.
    I usually hunt in Park 2 for where I am. in multi frq as is but I will try the Recovery speed at 2. I plan to use both coils but there is a time and place for both. can't wait to get it (sound familiar?) waded thru the pull tab mine field earlier today, should be a great test site. thanks for the info. Jerry
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links