CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noise cancelled and auto ground balanced. There were a lot of parked cars nearby.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About all you can do in those areas is turn down the sensitivity, an old park i like to hit once in awhile has an area that is really bad had it turned down to 3, but i figured that there wasnt anything in their worth the headache so i dont go to that area anymore....

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some places are like that. There's an old rail station that I've hunted the outside boundaries of. It has a paver brick sidewalk/platform, and a large dirt strip between the platform and the building. There's underground electricity conduits that go to the lights along the rails, the Amtrak still stops there. It's impossible to hunt that area with any detector I have ever used. The EMI is overwhelming.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some places are like that. There's an old rail station that I've hunted the outside boundaries of. It has a paver brick sidewalk/platform, and a large dirt strip between the platform and the building. There's underground electricity conduits that go to the lights along the rails, the Amtrak still stops there. It's impossible to hunt that area with any detector I have ever used. The EMI is overwhelming.

I don’t understand why this area is like this. There’s an old building nearby and I’m wondering if it’s one of the old ma Bell relay buildings. Had that shape. Other than that it’s in the Forrest.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give single frequency a shot too. The higher single frequencies are less susceptible to EMI. You might be able to go with a higher sensitivity setting that way. You lose some of the benefits of Multi IQ, but Equinox is still as good as any other single frequency machine out there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walk through the frequencies one at a time and see if one is quieter....

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eliminate any possible EMI you are outputting by turning off your phone and switch to wired headphones. It may not help in the end, but it definitely won't hurt.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eliminate any possible EMI you are outputting by turning off your phone and switch to wired headphones. It may not help in the end, but it definitely won't hurt.

I put my phone on airplane mode, my Iphone causes some chatter when people are trying to text or call me especially. I hope you get it sorted out. Also be sure your pinpointer is shutting off if you use one. I know I really like the Equinox in places I have had bad EMI trouble with other detectors. I have so far always been able to find a mode that works and can now hunt spots that I couldn't hunt effectively in the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread