Harness?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Harness?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2019
    Carson City NV
    Equinox 800, AT Pro
    652 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Harness?

Thinking about getting the big coil for the Nox but think I would need a harness to help with weight. Anyone use a harness on their Nox? If so what brand and how do they attach? Who sells them?

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7289 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I use the Detecting Buddy. Around $25, so, reasonably priced and easy to install and use. I can't remember where I got it, but, probably on Ebay.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, 720i Stealth Scoop
    7244 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I use this excellent detector harness from Amazon also sold at Home Depot.
    https://www.amazon.com/Limbsaver-Com...s%2C625&sr=8-1
    Beats the uncomfortable Detecting Buddy or the bulky Minelab harnesses.
    Last edited by RustyGold; Sep 09, 2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Toothpick likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Jan 2007
    Cape Cod, Massachuestts
    Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Troy (X2 X5), Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Pro-Find 35
    535 times
    Go BIG or Go HOME. The Minelab ProSwing 45 can haul the Equinox, ATPro with 18" coil and the ATX all with no problem. A bit pricey. but very adjustable and has not failed me yet. Great on the beach but no need for water walking.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7289 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I don't find the Detecting Buddy uncomfortable at all. I've used it 10 hours straight with my Etrac with a 15" coil without any issue. I have two of them and I think I got one of them from Extreme Detecting. Maybe the other too, I just don't remember. They might be the manufacturer for all I know.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Chris,

A counterweight is another option...

Steve
    RustyGold and wallrat_1975 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoss66 View Post
    Chris,

A counterweight is another option...

Steve
    Steve is on target and I have both! I use one of Steve's great rods with a counterweight and a Pro Swing 45 harness. Why? With that set up, my EQX 800 is so light I can swing it with 2 fingers and do so for hours on end...no real felt weight on my arm. With the Pro Swing 45 I can let go of my detector to handle/inspect my finds without having to drop or lay the detector in the sand, mud or water. Perfect combination for me.

Just the view from my foxhole...
    sgoss66 likes this.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Itís up to you to pick the best seat~

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3815 times
    Metal Detecting
    I will also vouch for Steve's setup. I have the counterweighted shaft and I forgot the counterweight the other day.....made me realize the difference within the first 5 minutes!
    sgoss66 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Norman, OK
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800
    856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks, gentlemen!

I appreciate it.

Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2013
    Wisconsin
    XP-DEUS, Equinox 800, 1280x
    819 times
    When I had my Etrac with a big coil I went to my local HD or lowes and bought a weed whacker sling at a good price.
    RustyGold likes this.

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    404 times
    You don't need a harness etc....my father is 82 years old and he has a Equinox 800 with 15" coil and he swings it for 5-6 hours on the beach in boiling hot weather with zero problems at all.

Matt

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3815 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Minelab Matt View Post
    You don't need a harness etc....my father is 82 years old and he has a Equinox 800 with 15" coil and he swings it for 5-6 hours on the beach in boiling hot weather with zero problems at all.

Matt
    This is simply not a one size fits all deal. Not everyone can swing a detector all day even with a small coil attached. Many people got shoulder issues ect.

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    This is simply not a one size fits all deal. Not everyone can swing a detector all day even with a small coil attached. Many people got shoulder issues ect.
    Well, i've had back surgery on my spine...TWICE, right hand full of arthritus etc....I just plod on....no pain no gain.

Matt

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    Minelab Equinox 800, HF 9-Function md, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
    131 times

Matt
    Well, i've had back surgery on my spine...TWICE, right hand full of arthritus etc....I just plod on....no pain no gain.

Matt
    Matt, Your input is tremendously helpful. I'm sure the OP and others will learn something from it. Good to know you and your dad come from such stout stock! That answers the OP's questions...right to the point.

Now, can anyone supply either a link to Steve's products, or possibly a brand name. I'd like to check them out. I'm not as rugged as Matt's family!
    sgoss66 likes this.
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

Just received a Minelab Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6514 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    Matt, Your input is tremendously helpful. I'm sure the OP and others will learn something from it. Good to know you and your dad come from such stout stock! That answers the OP's questions...right to the point.

Now, can anyone supply either a link to Steve's products, or possibly a brand name. I'd like to check them out. I'm not as rugged as Matt's family!
    Steve is a supporting vendor to TNET - see this link Steve's Detector Rods for more information and a link to his page or you can pm him above (post #9)
    sgoss66 likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links