Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try it again in a day or so. Website could be jammed up temporarily if lots of folks are trying it out.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering if the website update got released before the updater database was. I bet it wont be much longer before 2.0 will be out.

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering if the website update got released before the updater database was. I bet it wont be much longer before 2.0 will be out.
Could be. We will know soon I'm sure. I'm glad they are upgrading the 600 backlight. And the new iron settings sound like fun.

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just downloaded the new version. It is working now.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just downloaded the update. I figured out how to access the new FE feature. Go to the iron bias setting, push accept/reject button(far right) Once there you can adjust the settings from 0-9 , what that does I cannot tell you �� I'm assuming a setting of 9 will knock out the iron even more than the regular IB mode.

Last edited:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the notice. :icon_thumright:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The advantage of the update for an 800 owner is?......a second level of IB or something? I’m not clear on the benefit.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Initially, I saw no difference in the Fe menus of my 800 after installing 2.0. But then I figured it out. I'll test both my 800s on the beach this weekend leaving #1 on the 1.7.5 update and #2 on the 2.01 update to see if the new update works as designed and if there's any distinguishable difference. I'll report back on my findings.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the first update for the EQ awhile back, I ended up returning back to the original set up, not a big deal, some liked it, some perhaps not? This second up date may be pretty good, although, I seldom if ever use Iron Bias, but I would like to wait and see what Colonel Dan comes up with. A fried of mine with the 600 will like the back light change though.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the first update for the EQ awhile back, I ended up returning back to the original set up, not a big deal, some liked it, some perhaps not? This second up date may be pretty good, although, I seldom if ever use Iron Bias, but I would like to wait and see what Colonel Dan comes up with. A fried of mine with the 600 will like the back light change though.

The thing is, this update doesn't overwrite the previous Iron Bias function. It simply adds a new one that you can toggle. You don't lose a thing but you may be gaining something.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note that there are two links to the update program. One of them does not have the .exe file extension for the Windows version that is necessary for Windows to know that it is an executable program. Instead, Windows will simply ask you what to open it with (and there is no answer to that question).

As of this morning, at least, this one (in the red box) does not work right.

scrap.jpg

Good possibility that ML will fix it soon, but for now, avoid that page and use this page instead
https://www.minelab.com/equinox-software-update-2-0.

scrap.jpg

You can see here that the first entry in my browser's Download tab is missing the .exe. The 2nd entry (the top one) is the correct one

scrap.jpg

Last edited:

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also noticed is that the iron audio sound goes off a whole bunch more when swinging on the way to my test field. Tested bottle cap after bottle cap, much much better now than compared to before, getting iron audio on most all I tested (all dug from water hunts, old and new, have buckets full). Tested on a bunch of old tin and larger iron from old fields, was really happy to hear iron audio on much more of that stuff now, or the addition of iron tone along with "good" tone at least. Was able to easily bang the really deep buried nickels in my garden, that previously were on the edge of detection at even higher sens, not sure if it was just ground conditions or something with update. Happy so far with the update... will see how it goes

*On page 52 of the updated owners manual, it explains the new Fe2 vs iron bias etc

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be very happy if it will I.D. bottle caps with virtual certainty. My concern would be if it will hurt the I.D. on the low and mid tone non-ferrous targets. I'll have to experiment after I get back.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the demo video Minelab Matt! This looks like a pretty good upgrade, especially for those who hunt parks.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took mine (post update) for a hunt tonight for a few hours (Lake Mi, freshwater). Was able to "call" the bottle caps, nailed some very deep quarters and managed one portion of a 1/8" wide thin 14kt bracelet (.4gr) about 2.5" long. The deep quarters vdi'd 36, that was a lil different, then 31 when within like ten inches. Beach 1, Fe2-6, 50 tone, 23sens. The section of bracelet was solid 2vdi, about 3" down in sand/gravel at waters edge. No rings today, conditions sucked, high frequency bigger waves, so i was just hunting edge area, in and out of water.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note that there are two links to the update program. One of them does not have the .exe file extension for the Windows version that is necessary for Windows to know that it is an executable program. Instead, Windows will simply ask you what to open it with (and there is no answer to that question).

As of this morning, at least, this one (in the red box) does not work right.

View attachment 1756090

Good possibility that ML will fix it soon, but for now, avoid that page and use this page instead
https://www.minelab.com/equinox-software-update-2-0.

View attachment 1756092

You can see here that the first entry in my browser's Download tab is missing the .exe. The 2nd entry (the top one) is the correct one

View attachment 1756091

After cursing for an hour this morning because I couldn’t get it to load I gave up. Found the other link after work. Set it up and used it tonight. Found a toe ring at the beach and some clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread