Bluetooth earbuds that pair separately work with Equinox?

OP
OP
67GTA

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Audio delay, or connection delay? The stock headphones are true low latency and don't have an audio delay. Only third party wireless headphones that aren't true aptx-LL have an audio delay. The delay I was referring to in this thread was waiting for the headphones to initially connect when you turned on the headphones/detector. The newest update has made the connection happen faster.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't buy - 2 reasons:

First, If they each DO pair separately, then only one will work with Equinox at a time.

Second, they are APTX but according to the reviews they are NOT APTX LL and nothing in the manufacturer info confirms APTX LL so they will suffer from a noticeable delay. APTX delay is about 60 - 80 ms, APTX LL is guaranteed 40 ms or less. Non APTX BT is 120 to 220 ms, which is practically unusable for metal detecting. BT 5.0 doesn't have anything to do with latency. Whether it's BT 4, 5, or whatever it needs to be using the APTX LL codec. HTH.

5959663.jpg

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have you installed the update? I could be imagining things, but my paired headphones seem to connect faster but I didn't suffer from random disconnects so I don't know if that will help with the Q12's.

I posted a while back about connectivity dropping occasionally with one of my 2 pairs of soundpeats. I let them die completely, left them that way for a day or so, fully charged them and no issues since. I did have to repair after that. It's worth a shot.

-Bill

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was using the soundpeats Q12 apx low latency earbuds(amazon)...for some reason i cant find another set..can anyone recommend anything else thats is apx lowlatency(LL) or know where i can purchase another set of the soundpets q12 LL...i have googled this and havent had much success..ty all.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was using the soundpeats Q12 apx low latency earbuds(amazon)...for some reason i cant find another set..can anyone recommend anything else thats is apx lowlatency(LL) or know where i can purchase another set of the soundpets q12 LL...i have googled this and havent had much success..ty all.

EBay. Several results. $27 shipped to your door.

NapervilleDan

Dec 29, 2019
Naperville, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to pair a set of Aftershok headphones. They worked fine. Battery life is average.

The big advantage is that you can still hear around you. They’re bone conduction headphones.

I mostly use them for my iPad.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are the on earbuds i purchased and need another pair...cant seem to find them anywhere in low latency..says they are now unavailable..the one you posted buckee,,im looking for earbuds not headphones

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to pair a set of Aftershok headphones. They worked fine. Battery life is average.

The big advantage is that you can still hear around you. They’re bone conduction headphones.

I mostly use them for my iPad.

Are those APTX LL? If not, too much lag.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
jB58 let us know how they work out. I bought another brand last summer that we’ve APXT , LL that we’re suppose to work on the 800 and now they are collecting dust.
Doug

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jB58 let us know how they work out. I bought another brand last summer that we’ve APXT , LL that we’re suppose to work on the 800 and now they are collecting dust.
Doug

will do doug

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Found it in the "From the manufacturer" description. Low Latency 5.0 bluetooth. I wonder if there is a low latency standard? If they are from China they can probably get away with the claim and not actually be true low latency.
That is true. I got a set from Amazon that said they were SoundPeats and said in the description and on the box that they were APETX-LL but every time I tried them there was a continuous chatter in the background and I even tried different locations but wouldn’t stop the background chatter.
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread