Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love mine, do you have the 6 inch coil as well? great combo.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got back into detecting after a long hiatus and went with the Nox 600. Picked one up on Amazon and as a bonus right now Minelab is throwing in the 6” coil! Can’t beat that deal!

OP
OP
R

RebelYell67

Greenie
Sep 29, 2019
Southern Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure did. I tried out the 6 coil at an old school. Its awesome. I found a few coins that I thought were trash with the big coil. Like I said, Im learning.

joeyandlauren

Greenie
Nov 4, 2019
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites MXT
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked mine up today with the extra 6” coil. Can’t wait to take her out tomorrow. Good luck!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 600 is tough to beat at the price point. Y’all will be killing it as you learn the machine, be patient. The 6” coil may even be a better coil to use as you learn the machine if you have the self control to slow down, less coil coverage equals fewer signals and tones to try and comprehend. Good luck all 600’ers!

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Wow, LOVE my new Christmas present to myself.
Been detecting for 7 years now, and the Equinox represents a new gold standard for the sport.
Multiple frequencies, light weight, deep detecting, programmable - you just can't beat the performance.

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the new joke thread ???:laughing7::laughing9:

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Does the 6" go as deep as the 11"????
Wondering if putting the same amount of power into the smaller coil means greater field intensity. I don't know.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if putting the same amount of power into the smaller coil means greater field intensity. I don't know.

In general, the field from smaller coils do not penetrate the ground as deep as larger coils. The field density near the smaller coil is greater than the larger coil which makes them more sensitive to smaller targets within the reduced depth limits of smaller coils, compared to the larger coil.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it still goes decently deep, I have been surprised. especially with some rather small pieces of brass

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 6" coil does lose a bit of depth but not as much as you would expect. People report only losing about an inch compared to the 11", kinda like how the 17" coil only gives about another inch of depth for coin sized objects.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6" coil does lose a bit of depth but not as much as you would expect. People report only losing about an inch compared to the 11", kinda like how the 17" coil only gives about another inch of depth for coin sized objects.

17" coil?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha, Thx. Though ML slipped something past me. Lol.

Not surprised the 15" coil is only marginally deeper than the stock. It is only 12" wide (1" greater than the 11" stock) and that dimension primarily determines depth. But, yeah, the 6" seems to perform deeper than it should.

Last edited:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought one today and it came with the 6 in coil. Looking forward to learning it.

Doccus

May 22, 2020
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Treasure Probe, whites coin master, Selectmatic BFO, GARRETT GTA 1000, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 600 with 11 and 6” coil, wireless headphones. I only have a dozen or so hunts under my belt. I found that in a trashy park setting, I can find and dig more targets using the 6” coil in the same amount of time. It is easier and quicker to isolate and pinpoint using the 6” coil. I generally cut a 6x6” plug so the target is pretty much in the plug without pinpointing with the smaller coil. The weight helps a little but I can’t complain about the 11” either. I can’t tell if I am losing much depth by using the 6”. I am still learning this detector but am impressed so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread