Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its time to buy something else for the water. I would have had smoke coming out of my ears by now. You are much more patient than I am. (I assume it was in the water.) Maybe wait a tiny bit and see what else comes on the market soon.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never even mounted it on the shaft.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke AND fire coming out of my ears...

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, sounds like the machine and the company that makes them have left you wanting. Wouldn't be a bad idea to see what else is out there...good luck!

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I watched your video. I agree that you do have some problem with customer service with them. But I do know for a fact with the covid bs that the import stuff is having delays. I experienced this with some accessories with XP.

But you could get another water unit. It would not be a crime if you did.

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully they make it right with you Calabash!!
Its a crappy time of year to be without a trusty detector, and it seems like you have been waiting long enough!
I am surprised they wouldn't have tested it better before they sent it, especially if it was a used one!
Good luck, and keep us posted on how they treat you

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never even mounted it on the shaft.....

You did have the coil connected when you tried to turn it on I hope. No coil = no nothing. Good luck & sorry about your troubles, especially the used control pod. No excuse for that.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say something about how good they are compaired to the AT pro when they don't work. Just kidding you mind ya!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was confirmed by minelab it was a so called refurbished unit....A unit someone sent back because it had problems.......The guy from down under said I would have a new one shipped Monday...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lotsa luck with #4. Maybe make sure it works, sell it and get something else. I know you have a lot of machines, so that wouldn't be a biggie.

cougar14

Aug 6, 2017
Concord
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked to a cable installer once about returned "refurbished" cable boxes. When a company gets a "defect", it sends the box to a repair center, where they run it through a predetermined set of tests. If it passes, they mark it "refurbished" and send it back for redistribution. They don't consider extenuating circumstances like heat, moisture, time plugged in, etc. so many units get returned to someone who soon finds the original reason for return. That's the high end of the process. The other end is the store that takes the returned item, repackages it, and based on how good they can make it look, resell it for a minor markdown, hoping the next dupe won't return it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell him who you are and get next day delivery. “I’m Calabash dammit!!! You better recognize”

I think they are messing with him because he IS Calabash! Seriously dude, if you break another one we are going to have to assume Operator Error!:laughing7:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The machne is a super good land machine, no doubt even with a few issues it is still a good machine. but when you buy it for that ten ft protected water use and it fails constantly(replacement units), that is or could be considered false advertisment when numerous units(that are actually used under water) are failing. So what do we have to do to our units to ensure being waterproof? Surely there is a hack for this by now. where are they mainly leaking? You would think that they would pre test to depth a unit before sending a replacement one back. Heck, test them all. Good luck Scott

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch your comp vids because your test garden never changes.....fair comparison at least for your back yard. As I remember you have drowned 2, thats a bummer. Since I don't water hunt I thought I would give mine the tub dunk just to see. Passed with flying colors but I don't think I am going to try my luck a second time. This 3rd is a different circumstance, still a bum deal but not the same. It sounds like they are going to make you whole real soon.

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, we need to get you a Simplex+ just for your water adventures! lol

Keep the Nox on dry land - you and Steve (Gigmaster) keep blowing through them making all your great youtube content...(wink)

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Tellin ya man, use the XP water kit for your Deus or Orx and save the Equinox for dry. Third time using my Orx in water and I nabbed a 14k. ring. I hope #4 will work finally.

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a problem with wireless headphone button sticking with in a week had new set of headphones. At first was afraid to water hunt with it. But I said I’m going to use the sh*t out of it. It has worked perfectly every time. Went water hunting Wednesday and it nailed a 8” deep gold ring and a 6” nickel. Very impressive machine hope you get a good one finally. If you buy this machine you need to use it in the water a lot while it’s under warranty. Good luck
MackDog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions