Infinite Restarts - Nox 800

yatahaze323

Jan 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came here to check and see if there were any other people with infinite restart problem. I have a 600 and its started to do this recently as well. I've also noticed my battery life a lot worse then it used to be, one hour into a hunt and the battery meter drops to two bars. Today I fully charged it and left it turned on in the corner at 1:30 pm with the volume turned down and at 7:30 it was on the last bar flashing. I'm thinking my battery is crapping out, I'm contacting minelab tomorrow about this.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
If their is any type if debree on the magnets it can cause a partial contact and can cause week contact and not get a proper charge.
if you see or have fine black specks (fine iron) use painters blue tape to dab it off.
Doug

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just came here to check and see if there were any other people with infinite restart problem. I have a 600 and its started to do this recently as well. I've also noticed my battery life a lot worse then it used to be, one hour into a hunt and the battery meter drops to two bars. Today I fully charged it and left it turned on in the corner at 1:30 pm with the volume turned down and at 7:30 it was on the last bar flashing. I'm thinking my battery is crapping out, I'm contacting minelab tomorrow about this.

I have noticed a connection with the battery on mine as well. Even though it was on the charger overnight, when I have that infinite restart issue crop up, after I do a factory reset, I find that my battery did not charge.

When I mentioned that on the phone to Minelab supports, I added that there "may be no connection" but he seemed unsurprised and said that there may very well be a connection.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If their is any type if debree on the magnets it can cause a partial contact and can cause week contact and not get a proper charge.
if you see or have fine black specks (fine iron) use painters blue tape to dab it off.
Doug

The actually issue is the endless restart loop. The lack of battery charge is a side issue/symptom. If it were simply a matter of the battery not charging, then that would be good advice to follow up on, for sure.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, tested with a buddy's Nox last night. My 11" coil reads low when hooked to his unit, and his reads fine when hooked to mine. The low TID problem is definitely with the loop. I have NO idea how or why, but it is conclusive. I'll be sending it back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread