nox separation

sube

Jan 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I talk about this in April on this forum not much talk about it so i made a video . Seen to many videos of false information leading to how good it separates or any machine . Once we get to 5 inches separation is gone the coil is seeing 2 targets and not one it has to pick one target or a combination of the two but the ctx well see both but id well be wrong but well tell you there are two there video later on that should of included it but forgot .

I have had the ctx since release and one of the first to get the nox .The nox is a game changer for people that have not enjoyed using a minelab before but has not help me in the areas i hunt . I like the nox but it's not a silver slayer like explore e-trac or ctx it has to do with the frequencys it uses the freqs are to high compared to the fbs detectors one detector can't do it all just as the ctx is weak on nickels and small gold . The nox is weak on silver when trash is introduced and the ctx is weak on nickels with trash no trash with targets both good on there weak signals. sube

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry your equinox hasn’t helped you in areas you hunt, I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would be more than happy to buy your nox from you and put it to good use in areas they hunt.
Not a silver slayer? [emoji23][emoji38]🤣

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not news, Sube. Minelab has acknowledged from day 1 that FBS has an advantage on silver vs. Multi IQ. From the Minelab Treasure Talk article explaining Multi IQ:

"How does Multi-IQ compare to BBS/FBS?
Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."

But unlike the CTX, Equinox has a few additional tricks up its sleeve. There is nothing magical about simultaneous multi-frequency when it comes to deep silver slaying, so shift the Equinox down to the new "quiet" 4 khz single frequency mode and bang on some deep silver (no single frequency modes on the CTX). Need separation, crank up recovery speed as necessary, another feature missing on the CTX. HH

OP
OP
S

sube

Jan 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vferrari the video is on separation as title says this is the point of the video . I made the video because of Minelab Matt video with him showing how good the 15 inch coil separates. I like his video on The IDS of coins a trooper to say the least good job .I am sure he will learn from this video.

As to 4 khz being "quite" it's going to be quite it's not going to be picking up all the ground noise iron flakes tiny targets not as sensitive as a higher freq while muti gives the appearance of more targets in the ground leading to you thinking your in a target rich enviornment when your not. Looking at the video with the bottle cap reading 25 to 27 and then dropping to 13 in muti is no different than the coin and tab mixed reading 25 to 27 dropping to 14 or 15 how do you check this signal .

I think minlab added this because of weakness to higher conductors a bone throw but in reality not very affective ids all over the place try hunting in a fairground in 4 khz . sube

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is that 4khz is an option for Equinox users (and ML apparently attempted to address the EMI issues you normally see down there (“quiet”) vs. the existing SF options -wasn’t talking ground noise) who don’t have the means to spend the additional grand for a CTX to get the precise, high conductive target ID’s at depth that the CTX provides. I agree with ML that for now, FBS is superior to Multi IQ for high conductive target ID accuracy at depth, but you have the ability to at least trade target ID accuracy for depth at the flip of a switch on Equinox, not so much on the CTX (because it doesn’t need to) but then again you can also keep swinging the Equinox for those deep nickels and gold items that the CTX has trouble with or iron masking. Equinox can’t outperform the CTX on deep silver ID, but the inherent versatility built into the Equinox with its various MF mode profiles, single frequency and recovery speed options at least gives you a fighting chance to recover the same target upon interrogation. No question the CTX does that one specific thing better than the Equinox. The question is weather it is worth it to pay such a high price in order to do a few things really, really well with FBS2 or to have the versatility to address a much greater range of site conditions and target types available in a machine that costs half as much? It will be interesting to see if ML pursues a high end, second gen Multi IQ machine that encompasses the accurate target ID and discrimination pattern sophistication of the CTX at a more reasonable price point.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....... Equinox can’t outperform the CTX on deep silver ID, but the inherent versatility built into the Equinox with its various MF mode profiles, single frequency and recovery speed options at least gives you a fighting chance to recover the same target upon interrogation. No question the CTX does that one specific thing better than the Equinox. The question is weather it is worth it to pay such a high price in order to do a few things really, really well with FBS2 or to have the versatility to address a much greater range of site conditions and target types available in a machine that costs half as much? It will be interesting to see if ML pursues a high end, second gen Multi IQ machine that encompasses the accurate target ID and discrimination pattern sophistication of the CTX at a more reasonable price point.

If you are the type of hunter who digs a range of targets, not just very specific TIDs, then that ability to "more precisely ID" deep silver doesnt matter. I dont care if the NOX up-averages or down-grades a deep silver as long as its still giving a repeatable response then its getting dug.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As before, I've never had the CTX, but I really did like the Safari. A very good detector. Having said that, the EQ is not only a little lighter, but has a much faster recovery speed, or "speeds", AND the ability to go into 5, or rather now 6 different single Freq's, things the Safari did not have. The FBS is a great tool, a great way to detect, and really good on saltwater beaches, but then, so is the Multi of the EQ's. So, for the price? Safari and the EQ about the same, EQ having many more options. CTX and the EQ?, well... you could buy two 800's and other stuff to go with them. For a hobby, what ever machine your using, if you find something REALLY REALLY GREAT!. then whatever the detector was you had in hand at that moment, just became the best detector EVER!.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the CTX was as lightweight as the Nox, I would probably have switched back to it. But man, after swinging a featherweight for a couple year, going back to the heft of the CTX is tough!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread