perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I have a used Equinox 800 that I was given recently. When I turn it on, I get the CD (coil disconnect) error and it turns off every time. I've done a factory reset and changed coils but still have the same problem. The previous owner isn't sure whether it's still within warranty since he got it as a gift.

Has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it (hoping I don't have to send it in)?

Assuming the former owner registered it, is there anywhere on-line where I can use the serial # to see if it's still within warranty?

If it is out of warranty and I have to send it into Minelab to fix, does anyone have a ballpark figure on how much this would cost?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Call Minelab with the serial number and they can tell you about the remaining warranty.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea of the cost. The manufacturers don't precisely "fix" machines like they did back in the day, they swap out parts. Warranty or no. It would depend on what's going on. If its in the control box they would sell you a new control box if not under warranty.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a hold of minelab asap and get a new one under warranty. Did you get the unit wet?
Dave

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practically all Equinoxes sold are still under their 3 year warranty as they were only first released in Jan 2018. So call ML warranty repair ASAP.

NORTH AMERICA
Detector Center

Pennsylvania, USA
T: 1-888-949-6522
E: [email protected]

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way to know cost if out of warranty with out knowing what is wrong. Did you try someone's coil and have yours tried on someone else detector.

OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a hold of minelab asap and get a new one under warranty. Did you get the unit wet?
Dave

No, I haven't gotten it wet yet. Pretty sure the former owner did, though, since he used it at the beach.

OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way to know cost if out of warranty with out knowing what is wrong. Did you try someone's coil and have yours tried on someone elsedetector.

Yes, I have another Nox so I tried other coils with no success.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what you find out. This is going to be a "thing" now that the warranty period is starting to expire on the original Equinoxes.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Unfortunately, it's not within the warranty period according to this link. I think I'll call Minelab to inquire whether it's even worth it to get it fixed by them.

Do not be afraid to firmly advocate for yourself, if it gets to that point!!!!!!

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread