Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've now had every problem one can have with the nox. Broken arm cuff they replaced, shaft wobble I worked around, flooded control box they replaced and now I just sheared both ears off the coil. I was leaning on it (very gently) might I add while talking to another detectorist and without a sound, no snap, no crackle nothing it just keeled over. I'll probably do a home repair even though its still under warranty. I enjoy the nox especially for the price but I think I really need two 600s for when one is out of commission. The versatility of being waterproof and being pretty decent in all conditions makes it indispensable.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday, 2/8 Kellyco told me they don't have a date for 10x5 coil availability.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've now had every problem one can have with the nox. Broken arm cuff they replaced, shaft wobble I worked around, flooded control box they replaced and now I just sheared both ears off the coil. I was leaning on it (very gently) might I add while talking to another detectorist and without a sound, no snap, no crackle nothing it just keeled over. I'll probably do a home repair even though its still under warranty. I enjoy the nox especially for the price but I think I really need two 600s for when one is out of commission. The versatility of being waterproof and being pretty decent in all conditions makes it indispensable.

Seriously, Send that coil in for a brand new one!

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not buying any new Minelab coils that are breaking ears!

Coils don't break ears, people break coil ears.

Perfect Equinox 800 here, rom day one, apart from when i tightened the strap WAY to tight on arm cuff and it broke.

Cost me ÂŁ12.00 for a new metal cuff.

ZERO problems otherwise a all.

Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo cheesy seeing Gary Drayton and the new coil with a sily grin on his face making seem like he's found tons of jewelry with the new coils and loves them. Reality is...Gary, here is "X" amoynt of money, hold this in one hand, bling in the other and smile...lol.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coils don't break ears, people break coil ears.

Perfect Equinox 800 here, rom day one, apart from when i tightened the strap WAY to tight on arm cuff and it broke.

Cost me ÂŁ12.00 for a new metal cuff.

ZERO problems otherwise a all.

Matt

Over 40 years it took for me have have a coil ear break. Think what you want. If you are a water hunter, you will break the poorly engineered coil ears on the Equinox.

KSdiver

Sep 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab, Nokta Makro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre-ordered a Coiltek 10x5 - I heard rumblings that release is March 1st - can't confirm though.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not buying any new Minelab coils that are breaking ears!

The new Nox coils are not made by Minelab, they are made by Coiltec, one of the best coil manufacturers out there. Read Vferrari's post again. Also, the Nox coil ears mostly break from over tightening which is operator error not manufacturing defect.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any field reports on these new coils?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just got into dealers hands this week, so not yet... maybe by the end of the week.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
If they would have made the cavity so deep the washers would have been closers to the ears. I made spacers and placed mine behind the washers and after doing that when the bolt is just snug enough to the point the coil stays and is still moveable and you look at the ears they are hardly noticeable in bending. Before I did that the bend was very noticeable. Each spacer I made was from the side of a milk jug. I even had to add some dialect grease so they shaft would slide between the ears.
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread