Coiltec 10x5 on my Etrac

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the stock coil.... this Coiltec 10x5 and a Sunray X-5. Mostly relic hunt old home sites...stubble fields. I have always used the stock coil for depth and coverage in these fields. The other day they took off the beans so I hit it three 1876 sites in one field. The stubble was impossible to use the spoke stock coil, so back to the Jeep and put on the Coiltec, solid, bottom smooth and no spokes I have used this coil in the parks and beaches for seperation and love it. What a difference it made, I have pounded these sites for 4 years and this coil uncovered targets I know I have walked over!!. No real loss of depth to speak of, recovered this Three Cent Nickle at about 8 inches 181016143830826 - Copy.jpg 181016143830826 - Copy.jpg 1016180928a.jpg

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coiltec makes a good product. I have the coiltec 6x10 and that little coil is deep.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the stock coil.... this Coiltec 10x5 and a Sunray X-5. Mostly relic hunt old home sites...stubble fields. I have always used the stock coil for depth and coverage in these fields. The other day they took off the beans so I hit it three 1876 sites in one field. The stubble was impossible to use the spoke stock coil, so back to the Jeep and put on the Coiltec, solid, bottom smooth and no spokes I have used this coil in the parks and beaches for seperation and love it. What a difference it made, I have pounded these sites for 4 years and this coil uncovered targets I know I have walked over!!. No real loss of depth to speak of, recovered this Three Cent Nickle at about 8 inches View attachment 1642982 View attachment 1642982 View attachment 1642983

Nice 3 cent! Yes the Coiltek 10X5 for E-Trac is deadly little coil. Not much depth loss and much improved seperation. The CTX has one as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread