Planning, anyone interested?????

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Hi everyone,
this is my first post on TN.

I have been doing some research on a bunch of british isles, and no matter how you look at it, may it be from a tactical military position, History etc... You can't help your self from not wanting to go!!!

The great thing about them, from my knowledge is the fact that i cannot find any legends or storys... All i can see is History, the basic most important medium of feasibility in Treasure Hunting.

I suppose once i mention there name, everyone will know about them, and hopefully someone will have some interesting storys or legends on it's regards...

They are the Isles of Scilly... It has accumulated human artifacts etc, since the Stone Age . It has experienced passage and human interaction by the Phoenicians to the Romans etc... . By the Vikings to the Great figures of the middle ages... so on, so on!!!

I normally have to be really certain before i would get up and move all this equipment to go looking for something, but these isles have defo got my attention.

This would be great if we could put together a team, relic hunters, scuba divers and so on....

If we can come together and be able to really create a team i am willing to put in all the finances needed!

Anyone interested?

L

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
These isles have 900 shipwrecks, and the local authorities give full permission to detect.... Whats so fishy? please enlighteen me!

Regards
Luigi

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You wrote:

"If we can come together and be able to really create a team i am willing to put in all the finances needed!"

I apologize, I really don't mean to offend you, but I kind of look out for these people here.

But welcome to tnet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Luigi81 !

wish I Could Join your Team ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Well, if thats what it says....It must be!

I have no idea what kind of people u are dealing with, but until now i havent looked upon british treasure hunters as strangers... Ofcourse, you get the odd one!! hehe

The great thing about treasure hunting is how people are able to meet for the first time and spend so much time together in fields, caves, mountainsetc... and get on so well!!!

So unless you are having incredible bad experiences.... I have no words!

And i would like to comment once more on your higly intelligent assumptions,.... All my significant recoverys made in britain or italy, it has been thanks to all the so called " STRANGERS" that have come on our expence and dedicated there passion, knowledge and time to uncover treasures!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although There are Some unscrupulous characters
Out there Let's not Jump to
Conclusions here.

I for one am going to Consider Luigi81
a :thumbsup: Member here & give him some Respect :coffee2:

I see it as no different then him saying Hey, Common'
over ! I'll show you around !

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Thank you Jeff,
I understand that there is people out there that are to be taken with a pinch of salt.... I appologizes for my respons to Woodland Detectors.... It's just that i am new to your forum, and there is nothing worst than a recognized member of a forum to put a dark blanket over your first post; This would defo put the newbie in a not good light with the rest of the members!

However, i appologize if any offence was given! It's not like Me !!! :)

I enjoy your form, and very soon will be posting some interesting material once it is approved !

Thank you

L

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you mean the beaches? Most of the land is owned by Duchy of Cornwall. Many sites are scheduled & protected by Law, then you have the SSSI Sites which will be out of bounds. Not sure that leaves very much land?

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Google Earth Coordinates... : 49*56'56.13" N - 6*18'12.35" W

900 shipwrecks
Unexplored cave systems used by Barbaric Pirates
Roman temples
Viking Settlemnets
Towers
castle...

Etc....

And permission to Detect on land easily given... And in Sea, well.... Let your imagination Run Wild !!hehehe

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Hi Crusader....

The land owned by the Ducth of Cornwall... Permission is given and rewards on finds also, all finds on land do belong to the Dutch... But the finds and rewards are very handsome!

OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
http://www.duchyofcornwall.org/abouttheduchy.htm

On this website, which i believe you know pretty well, there is lots of indirect info.

However i have contacted farmers, and they do give permission.... Only, and i stress, only if all is put back the way it was before a dig!!!

Also i Have ground penetrating imaging Technologie.... so we would have a visual map of all that lays under at a depth of 8 meters....

L

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luigi81 said:
Hi Crusader....

The land owned by the Ducth of Cornwall... Permission is given and rewards on finds also, all finds on land do belong to the Dutch... But the finds and rewards are very handsome!

Interesting, never knew that. Although I'm not one for rewards, money comes & goes, & I have little interest in it.

I could probably bring something to the team, even if its just IDing stuff or sniffing out a good spot :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below shows the Scheduled Sites Protected by Law - first map in orange.

Second Map shows in purple the SSSI's which being Sites of Special Scientific Interest will likely be out of bounds.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Scilly Mon Sites.jpg
    Scilly Mon Sites.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Scilly SSSI.jpg
    Scilly SSSI.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 260
OP
OP
L

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Hi Crusader...

Thank you once more!

I am heading down to the IOS Museum to have a meeting with the Curator... I have a archeology student that has just agreed to join the team, this will rase the prof of the team.... However, i would be glad if you would join the team.

I think i will be flying down to Cornwall next month and will be spending 1 week on the scillys, as i sayed to meet the curator and get a personal overview of the islands.

It would be great if we could meet for a coffee and discuss it further.

With the tech we have we will be able to map and record to depths of 10 meters, and save all the data on a hard drive, the imaging is so accurate that all metals and shapes will be recorded, and this data will be extreamly valuable to the museum and of course to the trust, and we will be giving it to them for free.... So, this could be a way for our way in to these areas.... With permissions of course!

Luigi

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I , for one, am, interested and would love to learn a bit more.

I have been diving for 53 years now.. [seems so long when I write it... but only a skip when I think about it]. And I have done some shipwreck work on the west coast of Canada.

Keep me in the loop

Bartholomewroberts

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be stationed over that way in 2-3 years.I will be hitting you guys up! Sounds like good ol fashioned high adventure. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions