transforming some finds

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Ive been lucky enough to be part of this forum for a few years now.I decided to take a few of my finds and well give them another life sort to speak.I had found a sterling fork a while back and didnt really want to part with it selling for scrap ,also a italian silver chain found recently to help finish the project.
The stone as seen in picture came from the chunk in other picture.I shaped it useing only emery sandpaper .It does take a lot of time and sandpaper to shape a rock but I did come up with a decent looking heart..
Now all I have to do is somehow put it all together.Here in lies the problem .I was wondering if anyone on here does this kind of work and would could finish it for a fee .Or just let me know if a person with no experiance could tackle soldering silver .I really dont want to mess it up .
Oh ya someday I hope to find just the right person to give it to .

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 113
  • neck1.jpg
    neck1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 139
  • neck2.jpg
    neck2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 146
  • neck3.jpg
    neck3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 140

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I can't help with any 'local to you' leads - although I know at least 2 'shops' over here would complete that for you.
But and it's a Big But ;D You have done stupendously well so far; you need to find someone ( a jeweler/jewelry maker - maybe try a local arts and crafts group) to teach you how to finish it yourself, with your obvious natural talent you will do it easily.

I can't help with the stone either (I'm useless ;D ) the pics are a bit blurry, but again you might want some advice on treating the stone, to protect it and show it at its best.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished treasure.
Cheers, Mike

T

trish76642

wow brad thats a big junk of something! turqoise? thats nice!
I love the heart...their my favorite. Did you find that too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread