Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well Im getting ready to leave for a few more days of work on the Mikasuki Indian Reservation in the Everglades. I ran into Kenny last week at the Indian restaurant and remembered how he almost lost his life. I thought I would share this old shocking video with y'all if you havent seen it. Kenny is alright by the way.

T

trish76642

BigC you know him? I saw that on t.v. His sweat dropped in the gators mouth, triggering it to slam shut on his head. But why would somebody even do something like that? Im glad he's ok...but that was dumb.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I allowed to say? What did he .......... think he was ........ doing?

Pound for pound bite, croc's and 'gaters have some of the best ;D in the animal world.

Mike

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
~Trish~ said:
BigC you know him? I saw that on t.v. His sweat dropped in the gators mouth, triggering it to slam shut on his head. But why would somebody even do something like that? Im glad he's ok...but that was dumb.
He is a Miccosuki (Everglades) Indian. He has lived with gators all his life. My friend and co-worker has known him since childhood. Alligator wrestling has long been a way for the poor Indians to make money. Now with gaming, the Indians no longer need to wrestle gators but continue as a tradition. The tourists love it. It is still a large tourist attraction here in Florida. I have several friends that used to make a living that way. The Seminoles placed a want ad not long ago looking for wrestlers at their zoo. Must not be enough Indians willing to make a living that way any more.

Yes a drop of sweat triggered the mouth to snap shut. He's lucky he escaped alive.

I now work on the Miccosuki Reservation for Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC). I ran in to him at the Indian restaurant last week and I thought of this incident. I googled his name and found his video.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I remember watching this a few years back and wondered about the bacteria from the gators
mouth getting into any wounds, could have been worse than the actual bite.

Glad he`s ok. :thumbsup:

(Sounds like you have a cool job BCH )

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Blacksheep said:
I remember watching this a few years back and wondered about the bacteria from the gators
mouth getting into any wounds, could have been worse than the actual bite.

Glad he`s ok. :thumbsup:

(Sounds like you have a cool job BCH )
Yea I wonder. I think the teeth actually penetrated his skull. I will try to find out next week.

I think a gators jaw has over 2000 lbs per square inch; over twice the force of an African Lion.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I found this pic of one of TN's members. It appeaers as if Dell Winders has wrestled crocs.

Attachments

• Dell Winders crocodile.jpg
    Dell Winders crocodile.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions