Strange post of the day..

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Earlier today, after starting on my second pot of coffee, I realized "something" wasn't quite right. As I hitched up my jeans for about the forth time in five minutes, I noticed I had forgotten to wear my belt, no problem, I`ll just go get the belt...except the belt was nowhere to be found.

Mild annoyance turned to shear dread as i recalled a conversation with my wife (lovely woman) where she made a comment in passing that I could use a new belt, I then attempted to explain to her my seemingly unnatural attachment to said belt and that its been apart of my life for the better part of 20 years.(the look on her face made it clear she was not impressed)

This belt and I have been through an awful lot together, it was with me for each of my five children s birth, hunting countless hours through marsh`s and fields, we have climbed over/under/on top of and into just about every type of vehicle when I still turned a wrench and once helped drag a dear just shy of a mile when a simple rope was forgotten.

Maybe I`m crazy but here it is, the question...anybody else have an attachment to a specific article of clothing or item? ???

(found my belt,,wife had taken it to see if I would notice,,like i mentioned earlier a lovely woman :wink: )

Attachments

• belt1.jpg
    belt1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 232

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
Blacksheep said:
Maybe I`m crazy but here it is, the question...anybody else have an attachment to a specific article of clothing or item? ???

When I get my hands on a good pair of slippers I wear them until the threads fall off my feet. I've also used the same wallet for about fifteen years now and won't get a new one until it falls apart.

Like most people, I am attached to my wedding ring. It has been on my finger since the day I was married, and has been with me everywhere I've been in the world, with every person that I've met, every event that I've been to, and every family moment for the last ten years. It will remain on my finger until the day I die, and will serve as a relic of my entire adult life.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sigh blacksheep: Females, sheesh, can't live with them or without them. Why are all of my goodies junk, and her's are priceless treasures? Who cares about junior's second grade report card, when I have the hook with which I caught my first trout? And what could be more valuable than the shoe that my lovely mule lost on that trip to the forbidden falls? sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. pimplenin, can I have that ring when you err, ahh, croak? I have my eye on very sexy mule and ----.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
hahaha!
that's too funny.

I gotta tell ya...
Ralph + I have been married 41 years. In all that time he's had only 2 belts.
I bought him a new one about 25 years ago. He refused to wear it for 3 more years 'til his old one finally
sh*t the bed. He bitched about the new one for a few more years. Hasn't mentioned it in many. Maybe I'll get him one for Christmas :P :P :P

I currently have
a favorite pair of jammies :thumbsup:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T shirts and baseball caps, I have t-shirts that I will NOT wear in public... But they're my favorites, and ballcaps, I have had a number of them for YEARS and will not part with them...

PLL

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Blacksheep, that's a fine lookin' belt, and apparently it's served you well!
Me? I got a skinny butt and they don't do much other than drag my britches down faster.
I sure do like spenders, but this is california and yah get odd looks unless you're on a construction site or in the woods with a chainsaw.

Pimp, I do have a lovely bride also, and a yellow metal band I look at once and a while.

I recall a fella named Ray who hopped down from his belly dump truck and peeled his ring finger when his band caught on the lip of the trailer. Ouch!

My own has a two point arc strike on it where I once tightened the cable on an automobile starter.
Did you know that Au is a wonderful conductor? ;D
I do, and can prove it!

Ah, Don Jose de la Mancha, buenos noches!
To this day I carry a small bit of one very unlucky fish hook with me from when I first began learning how to fly fish. It goes every where I go, somewhere in my right shoulder. ;D

I learned.
Fly fishing is quite sporting, and almost natural fun.
Gathering fish from a small pool with a 12 gage is effective!

Best
rmptr

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I also sport a band of gold, from my lovely wife of 30 years. It has been welded to my finger, squashed onto my finger, restr8tened, squashed again. It will never leave me. The time it got welded to my finger, I was mig welding a section of unibody frame to a car and I had a leather welding cape on and my leather gauntlet gloves, but because the long sleeves of my cape were too tight at my wrists, I could not tuck my gloves into the sleeves, so I was welding upside down and a big gob of molten metal landed in the crook of my left arm and when I shook it off it rolled right down into my glove and attached itself to my ring. YEEEEOUCH! Flung my glove off and stared spitting on my finger, to no avail. Ran to my bench and shoved my hand into a buket of oil, wiggled the ring off and went to the clinic, under my band of gold, I sport a nice white band of a scar, but after cleaning up and re-polishing my ring, I still wear it to this day :icon_sunny:...........NGE

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A blanket
my gram knitted it for me when i was born Ive had it for 37 years :-X
IT is the softest warmest toughest thing i have ever owned
its a testament to my grams know how and skill to knit a BULLETPROOF CHILDPROOF BLANKET :thumbsup:
more then likely its been washed at least a few 1000 time
actually ive called it my snuggie for years before that stupid commercial

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old things become very comfortable over time. I have a belt I've been wearing 10 years. It's made of leather and seems to be holding up well. Why buy a new model when the old one serves it's purpose.?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My Nani's hankie, my Granddaddy's Seagrams bottle opener and pipe cleaner and my right foot baby shoe (age 2)...that each year I ALWAYS hang on top of my Christmas Tree.

Other cherished items, my birth announcement and my only piece of Girl Scout memories: a 1970 Jamboree Patch along with my photo when I advanced to Cadet Scout.

My parents divorced and I do not have anything other than what I mentioned of my childhood (I have pics my relatives gave me)...as my father threw or gave EVERYTHING away! That is why my birth announcement is a cherished piece, one of my father's cousin's gave it to me a few years back.

And my hubby wants to know why I have 3 huge plastic Rubbermaid type boxes in the garage....one for each of my kids of their childhood memories I have saved....!!! Heck, I even saved the embiblical cord of my three kids....in their baby books! Weird? Probably! LOL

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lord I thought it was only my dad...

He had a belt for like 20 years and it had been known to help drag out a deer or two also.
Well it finally was laid to rest and he wanted a new one but not any new one it had to be like his old one, so off to Mexico we went in search of one like he brought there 20years ago...anyone else see a problem with this?

3hr drive to Mexico(for him I live like 20mins. away)
3hr hunt for said belt
3hr drive home for him

Now in Mexico here you can not turn a corner without a stand selling belts. We had to look at them all. He never did find a belt like his and finally broke down and picked another one, which he has never truly been happy with. Sheesh us women have it easy we just pick one in every shape and color and design and repeat the process every few months.

jgowans

Sep 19, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I only have my father's nose
and I follow where ever it goes.
It is big enough to to block out the sun.
2 fingers are needed since I can't clean it with just one........

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats so nice of all you guys to keep the wedding bands on... my husband "lost" his like 7 years ago!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

but wait.... you cant get a girlfriend if you have even a tan line from that wedding band.... BETTER LOSE IT! :icon_pirat:

oh well... like everything else.. its cool

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Go dig him one up..........lol........NGE

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ashleen you posted -->

I thought that was LAST year
~~~~~~~~~~~

Nah luv, that was celebrating the end of my third childhood, the other is still 3 years away.
***************************************************************************************

Icky ink sniff you posted -->

thas funny..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How could you snifff. You would laugh at a Laurel & Hardy movies sniff. Here I sit broken hearted to find that thew lovely ashleen is married, then for her to --- sigh.
**************************************************************************************

Peg you posted,-->

I have t-shirts that I will NOT wear in public.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch yer language peg, there is a gentleman present (ME) :o :-[ snicker

**************************************************************************************

Rmptr You posted ->
Gathering fish from a small pool with a 12 gage is effective!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You is a durn poacher, next you will be telling how to catch em by hand.
****************************************************************************************
Not gettin any treasures, you posted -->
It has been welded to my finger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am glad that it wasn't done by rmptr's dummy trick of shorting a battery with it, like OUCH. heheheheheh
****************************************************************************************

Goober , My off spring aren't getting either of my pocket watches, one worth ?? Elgin railroad, gold, engraved etc from mi great grandpop, and mine, a genuine Westminister worth $25 dollars.

Smoked bacon you posted -->
actually ive called it my snuggie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
any relation to that one in the cartoon strip snoopy, that walks around with HIS snuggie and his finger in his
mouth? hehehehe
************************************************************************************

Hi jarhead you posted -->
Why buy a new model when the old one serves it's purpose.?
~~~~~~~~~~

Heck, you are about to change yer song, it will be " From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of SOMALI"
***************************************************************************************

Ann yer a typical female, heheh where are HIS things?
BOB, you posted -->
itches sometimes
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shame, that means that you had thoughts of infidelity. snicker hehehe

Tx gal, another typical female sigh $$$ to maintain, hhehe but worth it sigh. I haven't been in McAllen in years., shall we say the 50's??
jg hi it keeps your lip from getting cancer, so be happy with your good luck.

sigh
Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to LIVE, not live to exist"

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That Senor Don Jose De La Mancha sure knows how to cover all the bases!

That's why he's the Man! :thumbsup:

;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread