Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son is a personal trainer. He works at a Gym called "Results" that trained the last Ms. Oklahoma and several other famous persons from the state. A couple of his clients were two sisters who were very heavy women and have been training for weight loss for about a year or so. One of them, the larget has lost 60 lbs and the other has lost 19 lbs. They came in to their last session and brought him a Christmas present. He first got 19 lbs of pennies and then the other one brought in 60 lbs of pennies! The pennies are contained in a coiuple of pillow cases. One of the women remarked that the lady at the bank said she tought it was kinda' cruel of them to give him his gift in pennies. The bigger of the two said,"You wouldn't say that if yu had seen how hard he made me work to lose this weight"! He put the pennies and a pair of her gigantic "before" jeans on display. He said he didn't know how the heck he was going to get rid of all those pennies. Monty

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great thread at this fat producing time of the year. ;D

But it does pay to lose the lard.

Years ago I really put on the pork and so reduced my ability to function by about 80%. When I lost it I felt (and looked) 30 years younger.

I've had back trouble since I was in my 30's and when I put on too much weight my pain and physical limitations increase significantly.

Excess fat is no good!

Years ago I heard a speaker say "Most people would rather eat than live." How true that is!

Extreme corpulency robs us all of life. It also drives up the cost of insurance and raises taxes for everyone.

When I was in school one of the students had to give a lecture on the dangers of obesity. As part of his thesis he visited a large hospital near the campus. There they had two individuals (20's as I recall) who had recently died of obesity. When he inquired about the cause of death the attendant told him that the fat had stopped the normal functions of vital organs. In other words, they ate themselves to death. He was shown a layer of fat 6-8 inches deep.

I've often wondered if in some cases extreme obesity is a subtle way of committing suicide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions