Technology forum???

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I swear I thought there was a forum to post technology related items?? Anyway, I run a small ISP in my town and need a laptop to use out at clients sites.. after killing 3 or 4 of them because of the abuse they go through.. I bought a Asus 1000HD netbook.. after rebates and discounts it was a bout $400 at BestBuy.. and man.. after 2 Sonys, a Conpaq and a POS Averatec... this thing is great!!! Light.. plently of power.. fast and easy to use... if anyone is looking for a lightweight notebook that is easy on the wallet this is it!! I loaded Photoshop and it runs fine.. the only thing I did was add a 2 gb stick of memory and steip out all the BS that is loaded by default in XP.. I charged it up.. ran Photoshop and Office and let it sit and it went 4 1/2 hours before the battery started getting too low.. soo for the cash.. it is a great deal!!! Just thought I'd post if anyone was looking for a small notebook.. no DVD is a pain but I load up a 8gb thumbdrive and install from that.. no problems so far!!!

Just an FYI.. I don't have anything to do with Asus in anyway...

MB

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
Yeah the Asus is a nice netbook.. Did you look at the Aspire one? Nice Intel Atom Processor in those!
I have the Everex Cloudbook.. with the VIA C7 chip.. man this thing never dies, small can go anywhere with it..
Has a 80 GB hard drive in it.. everything I need its my small business computer I take to client sites when I don't need my full Toshiba.. Now my favorite is still my lil Dell D400.. Perfect for my play computer not heavy ( no CD Drive) and it won't die either.. But then again since my business is to fix computers I don't think I'd let it happen anyways..
Good luck with the Asus
J2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread