HEADLESS BODIES (deer)

K

Kentucky Kache

Deer Left To Rot
Clovis, New Mexico
CLOVIS MAN CHARGED WITH POACHING 5 DEER, LEAVING HEADLESS BODIES IN
FIELD
CLOVIS, N.M. – A 21-year-old Clovis man was arrested Thursday on 16 poaching charges stemming
from a late 2004 deer-killing spree in Curry County, the Department of Game and Fish announced Thursday.

DeerdumpedatClovisFarminDecember200.jpg

Darren Hunt allegedly shot five buck deer out of season and while on revocation of this hunting privileges on the afternoon of Dec. 29, 2004. Hunt then removed their heads and dumped the bodies in a wheat field near Clovis. He later disposed of the animals’ heads in another field.

Hunt admitted the killings to Department of Game and Fish conservation officers and charges were filed in Curry County Magistrate Court, said Ron Moore, Assistant Chief of Operations for the Department in Roswell. Moore said Hunt is facing five charges of illegal killing of big game, five charges of illegal possession of big game, five charges of wanton waste of big game, and one charge of hunting on revocation. Clovis Police Officer Robert Telles and other members of the eastern New Mexico community played critical roles in solving the case. Telles observed blood and deer hair on Hunt’s truck during a vehicle stop.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/enforcement/help_solve_case/deer_heads.htm

S

seger98

Re: HEADLESS BODIES

After they throw the book at him, they ought to throw him to the dogs! >:(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's Just Wrong.

I Don't mind if somone Who Needs to eat takes one out of season.

But a waste like that is Sensless

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Too much of this happens where I live here in Vermont also >:(

Mostly "kids" young adult riding around, drinking and shooting every deer they see. A few seem to get caught every year.
They are not too popular around town anymore.......

VPR

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daub him in
"Doe? Oh Dear"

a pheromone of the female deer
perfume, I just invented ;D

and release him in a field of Stags

:o :o :o

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Could use him around here. No one hunts from here to Lake Michigan so the deer populations run wildly out of control. The only thing keeping them in check are windshields and front ends of motor vehicles.

I don't mind seeing them in the local woods when I hunt, but they are almost fearless these days. I often wonder why anyone would have to dress up, build a blind and wait if they could just drive down the road around the corner from my house with a ball bat and lean out the window and get the full season's allotment.

Don't know how anyone can justify going hungry around here!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I don't believe they pick up road kill around here anymore for the needy. I've picked a few over the years and often see others doing it. You have to report it, but if you're going to donate it you have to pay to get it butchered and packaged these days.

Seen many many deer who just stand by the roadside and will sooner or later stick their head out into traffic, so the meat is often times untouched. We do however get a lot of hunt meat donated as you do, TT.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really P.Os me is that people who don't hunt are often naive enough to think that is what a hunter does. I'm sure PETA will pick up on it and show it as an example of how cruel hunting is. What that guy really is is a lunatic and felon and he should rot in jail for his misdeeds. It's almost like the detectorist that leaves open holes as he goes, needless and sensless by any means. Monty

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many places here in Ct where the deer are as bad as rats and we have our share of deer mixing in traffic. We also have many cases of deer damaging crops at nurseries and tree farms. I have no problem with harvesting animals to maintain a healthy herd or with farmers protecting their crops but this case appears to be one simply of senseless killings and is yet another case that the anti hunting/gun crowd can site. >:(

M

MiniMe

Monty said:
What really P.Os me is that people who don't hunt are often naive enough to think that is what a hunter does. I'm sure PETA will pick up on it and show it as an example of how cruel hunting is. What that guy really is is a lunatic and felon and he should rot in jail for his misdeeds. It's almost like the detectorist that leaves open holes as he goes, needless and sensless by any means. Monty

I agree Monte, this type of crap is what gives Hunters a bad name. I look at those pictures and it makes me sick. The amount of meat that was just wasted....that would have fed my family for months. If it was his farm (if that was the case) and shot them because of crop damage, fine. Just letting them sit there and rot is a sin. That meat could have feed so many family's that need food. Hope the guy get his....

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lock the idiot up & only feed him the meat from these deer, no matter how bad it gets. Might make him and any other idiots out there think a little.

And yes, I did say idiot. wasted so much good meat, and didn't even have enough brains to stash it where it couldn't be traced back to him. :icon_jokercolor: Idiot in my book :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
I don't believe they pick up road kill around here anymore for the needy. I've picked a few over the years and often see others doing it. You have to report it, but if you're going to donate it you have to pay to get it butchered and packaged these days.

Seen many many deer who just stand by the roadside and will sooner or later stick their head out into traffic, so the meat is often times untouched. We do however get a lot of hunt meat donated as you do, TT.

I Pick them up for Myself here.

Only rule, you most Dial their 800 number and say your doing it.

They send you a free Permit that allows you to
Butcher it for Yourself & It must all be ate
Within a Set time.

last one I Also was allowed to sell the Hide.

as long as they wern't hit hard in the Rump area the meat is good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread