Ed Freeman Medal of Honor winner

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Ed Freeman passed Aug 20, 2008.

You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.
You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.
Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway. And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board. Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses. And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times...... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman,
passed Aug 20, 2008.
He died at the age of 80, in Boise, ID May God rest his soul
I bet you didn't hear about this hero's
passing, but we sure were told about
about some Hip-Hop coward beating
the crap out of his "girlfriend"

Shame on the American Media

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman

Attachments

• !cid_C4353E62-5AEB-40DB-8487-71AA0FD141AE.jpg
    !cid_C4353E62-5AEB-40DB-8487-71AA0FD141AE.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 131

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I am sure God
is blessing him now

for all he did taking care of his fellow soldiers

great post of a great american

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Hey OD

I just got the same e-mail from a U.S.M.C.V.V. friend of mine

Of note:

While he and others like him have not received the recognition they deserved, they have been remembered in a number of features

http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/11/265756.aspx

These are some of the men of character that made America the great nation that it came to be known as. I only hope that others can learn from them, and soon. We need more selflessness as opposed to the selfishness we are growing accustomed to as being the norm.

Diggem'

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Again, twice the man I am isn't half the man he's been.

Thanks for the notes!

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Diggemall said:
Hey OD

I just got the same e-mail from a U.S.M.C.V.V. friend of mine

Of note:

While he and others like him have not received the recognition they deserved, they have been remembered in a number of features

http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/11/265756.aspx

These are some of the men of character that made America the great nation that it came to be known as. I only hope that others can learn from them, and soon. We need more selflessness as opposed to the selfishness we are growing accustomed to as being the norm.

Diggem'

Thanks Diggemall
I appreciate the right dates
having them right puts even more shame on the media.

Thom

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Another great veteran who is guarding the Pearly gates forever...Thank you, Ed. You are a true American Hero.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a real MAN has died-- the type of man of which is all too rare these days -- a brave man -- who was willing to risk death to help his fellow americas--- a man has no greater love for another than to lay down his life for his fellow man -- christ by exsample did that -- yes we hear of the "casey" and the octo mom and their nonsense and other tragic stories --yet nothing of men like this one -- and thier valor and courage.

I dig it

Jan 16, 2009
Vancouver,Washington
Detector(s) used
fisher F2 , Minelabs Quattro mp, Whites 6000
ivan salis said:
a real MAN has died-- the type of man of which is all too rare these days -- a brave man -- who was willing to risk death to help his fellow americas--- a man has no greater love for another than to lay down his life for his fellow man -- christ by exsample did that -- yes we hear of the "casey" and the octo mom and ther nosense and tragic stores --yet nothing of men like this valor and courage.
that is because most if not all news media is run by liberals and liberals don't love America they hate everything it stands for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions