children with guns

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I just saw a clip on GMA, about children that find a gun while playing. The reaction of the children
is shocking, but the reaction of the parents is appalling.
one parent said it was an eye opener, he had no idea it happened.
TEACH your children about guns, even if they never fire one, they should know how to react if another child finds one.
By not teaching your child, you're just as responsible, for anything that happens, the same as the one that pulls the trigger

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Sniffer said:
I just saw a clip on GMA, about children that find a gun while playing. The reaction of the children
is shocking, but the reaction of the parents is appalling.
one parent said it was an eye opener, he had no idea it happened.
TEACH your children about guns, even if they never fire one, they should know how to react if another child finds one.
By not teaching your child, you're just as responsible, for anything that happens, the same as the one that pulls the trigger

agree totally, knowledge is the best safety on this

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proper teaching and un safety are with prayer that gives are childern a chance in this world. But like you said they might be gun handleing savy but, they need to know what to do if another child has a gun too.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It terrifies me to think that there are children AND adults that do not understand gun safety. Thankfully my kids do and are safer.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in ahome with no guns but due to policeman friend and another friend of the family teaching me I learned a lot was even using a hand un a 9 but soooo supervised, I learned fast! With my daughter until she got married was around guns same thing good teaching!

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Growing up, my kids never were allowed toy guns or to play cops and robbers. To many toy guns look so much like real guns. I wanted my kids to grow up and learn that guns can kill and the proper way of handling and shooting a gun. Out of all the guns in our house only one is locked in a case, that is because neither of my 2 kids know how to shoot it. All the other guns are unlocked, my kids know where the shells/bullets are kept. They also know how to shoot all of the unlocked guns. My daughter hunts and son likes to target shoot.

Sue

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I've always said that when it comes to guns, teach them young and teach them proper. Take the mystery away. If you hide it and never teach them, it will become a source of curiosity and they will go looking for it and not know what to do with it once found. Teach them gun safety early.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I am all for gun safety and teaching it to young'uns. But this whole piece was just so much more political propaganda. Did they show any clips of the kids who did react appropriately ? Of course not that wouldn't have served the purpose of the anti gun lobby. Be not deceived by such sheeple mind numbing propagandist media hype. Many children do know and do react appropriately to such things.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I still remember the gun rack in the grade school I went to, it was in the coat room.

While I'm not old enough to remember carrying a gun to school as a normal thing, I know of old timers who did and they would never think twice about using those guns in a fight with another kid. It simply didn't occur to them to shoot other kids who posed no more of a threat than a possible schoolyard beating.

Imagine that, kids these days are "traumatized" by bullies. They need counseling, prescription drugs and gun-free environments if they are so much as threatened.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
MD you just have to turn everything political, don't you ?
How political is it when even one child, dies because they were shot with a gun ?
would that serve your political agenda ?
this post is about children that have not been taught about gun safety and parents that don't think it can happen to them

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Sniffer said:
MD you just have to turn everything political, don't you ?
How political is it when even one child, dies because they were shot with a gun ?
would that serve your political agenda ?
this post is about children that have not been taught about gun safety and parents that don't think it can happen to them

It is a political issue, I didn't make it one. My kids were all raised in a very active hunting community and were all instructed in gun safety from a very early age. That is the norm in country communities across the U.S. It is only in the Liberal environments of the cities where there are two classes of children. Those that are taught the liberal agenda that "Guns" are evil, not people. The other kind of child is taught to prey upon the first kind of child using whatever it takes including guns. None of them are taught about gun safety. The first child is taught to shy away and abhor guns and those who use them, which is only a natural thing for a parent to do. Teach your child to avoid those who prey upon your kind and recognize them by their guns. While the second type of child is first exposed to guns and the power they supply from an older sibling or friend. They certainly aren't taught gun safety but quite the opposite they are taught how to employ this tool to get what they want at any cost. But at least even they see the gun as nothing more than a tool, and not something to fear.

So doing a T.V. Show experiment that never mentions that it was most likely done in such a liberal environment, is disingenuous at best and downright fraudulent in it's worst. Try that very same experiment in my home town or just about any hometown outside of a liberal city environment and I guarantee the outcome will be very different. Tools are tools and not meant to be afraid of anymore than An air nail gun which wielded improperly can and has been just as deadly. Are you gonna teach your children what to do if they visit a friends house and the kid picks up dads air nail gun ?

So my point that it is a liberal environment of denigrating guns as evil, instead of pointing to the person holding that gun or their parents for irresponsible parenting as well as gun ownership is a political tactic that has been used by the left for many years. Yes they try to sell the idea that gun ownership is unwarranted, but if you must own one make sure you teach your kids all about it and how they should fear them. In other words, if we can't convince you that guns are evil at least teach your children they are. :tard:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was taught young how to use a gun.

All three of my children were taught how to use a gun. They all knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, exactly what a gun is capable of. They all knew that if you shot someone, it wasn't like on TV - they didn't come back the next week all safe and sound.

CROSBY, STILLS & NASH:

Teach your children well......................

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread