Big coinstar find

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah my famous "CLAW" IS A MECHANIC'S --screw amd nut retrevier tool *----ever notice the holed grates where the coins are dumped ?--- nice gold. silver and diamond earring s (often get mixed in with the coins) when dumped they fall thru the holes when coins are dumped for counting --and land in the trash catch pan below (look thru the grate holes )--- well tby using the spring loaded --claw (cheaply gotten at a auto parts store)--you put it in the hole guide it over the earring --push the button --claw opens --lower it over it --release the button claw closes --remove item --repeat as needed ---think of it a a "free" claw machine game --with gold, silver and diamond prizes . :wink:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
for what ? --I 'm not going into the money part --only the trash tray below the grate and fishing out earrings from the trash tray --- if anyone was to complains explain / show em what your doing -- , if they say no say ok ---no problem -- big whoop

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In some states it is a felony, and some it is just a misdemeanor. Be very careful.
WHY ?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
your not breaking into them to get money out of em --- your not "breaking" into anything and you not getting money or vended items out of it --thats what those laws was meant to stop the ripping off of a vending machine or parking meter machine that way .

the earrings are nor being sold or vended by the machine nor are you taking money from the machine -- plus you are not "breaking" or busting into in anyway -- the holes in the grate are pre existing holes --

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well under that law I guess the coin "reject" slot is part of the machine as well --so you can not remove anything from the slot -- since you can not put any body part (fingers) in the machine (coin "reject" slot)

that law is basically set up to prevent theft of money or vended goods from a vending machine / parking meter. --the coinstar machine is not vending the earrings nor are you stealing coins or cash from it. --you are not "breaking" into in --the holes already exist * --

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
so swr could not according to that law -- see a coin in the coinstar machines reject slot and "insert his fingers (body part) into the coin reject slot (machine) to get it " --without being charged with machine tampering ? -- legally it fits the bill.

whats next ?-----being charged with theft for picking up a penny on the street cause its "not" yours ? ;D -- legally that too is "the law."

no theft of vended goods or services or money put into the machine is being attempted .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
only when and if I feel like it -- are you on the ignore list . --sometimes I feel like a nut --sometimes I don't

the VA law is very understandibly clearly meant to prevent theft of money * and / or vended goods -- you do have enough common sense to understand that I would hope. -- if not , then there's no use in trying to talk to you.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Interesting dilemma gentleman. I have never seen a coin-star machine but it would seem to me that any "rejected" coin/material should be returned either by accessible tray or by contact for assistance type number.

Any thing less could be considered "theft", could it not?

(I have no opinion either way in the current, ongoing debate) :wink:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the machine has a large grate type dump area where coims are dumped for sorting --- there are slightly smaller than a cent sized holes in the grate that let trash and foreign matter fall thru to a trash tray below about 3 -4 inches below --earrings and odd bits of jewelry often are mixed in with the coins and fall onto the trash tray area during sorting ---coins that do not make the count -- foreign or somehow not right according to the machine are dropped into a coin reject slot -- but the trash tray items are not sent to the coin reject slot --they just lay there till cleaned out 1 or 2 times a month -- but using the holes in the grate and "the claw" these items can be "fished out" --this area is NOT near the cash part of the machine and damages nothing by doing so.

why is the jewelry then not "returned" like the "uncounted" coins are ?---- what right does coinstar have to keep jewelry they have not paid for ?----- I veiw it as lost goods with little to no hope of finding the true owner --thus in effect --- abandoned goods thus ripe for the plucking

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets hope you never have to explain to a judge how removing valuables from someone Else's property with burglar tools is not illegal.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread