mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night I awoke to a panic attack! full blown hyperventilating, heart palpatations, shaking, cold sweat the whole thing! My baby is graduating on Thur. I didn't think it would affect me this way! she is still staying here & going to a local college for the first yr. So what the heck am I gonna be like when she moves outta state for college? I think I will need a straight jacket!! I don't get it. She leaves every summer to spend time with gram & gramps, & I do fine. I think my recent divorce & looking for work (have been a stay at home mom for most of the 18 yrs) & all my life changes is catching up with me. Perhaps we need a "help me from going crazy" forum. or maybe that's what this whole site is about?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I had a similar expierence Tuesday. And it was just because my daughter turned 14, I can't even imagine college time. Good luck and let us know if you find something that helps...I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Charlie

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I understand completly,I have been divorced for a long time and I have custody of my children.They absolutely are my life and my oldest girl graduates on the 29th,which is also her 18th birthday. She than starts a couple classes at a local college 3 days later and than she will be taking all nursing classes the fall semester. It seems like that overnight, life just jumped in fast forward.

a Very Proud Dad,
Nova Treasure

P.S. Congrats to your Daughter and My thoughts are with you.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
nova treasure said:
I understand completly,I have been divorced for a long time and I have custody of my children.They absolutely are my life and my oldest girl graduates on the 29th,which is also her 18th birthday. She than starts a couple classes at a local college 3 days later and than she will be taking all nursing classes the fall semester. It seems like that overnight, life just jumped in fast forward.

a Very Proud Dad,
Nova Treasure

P.S. Congrats to your Daughter and My thoughts are with you.

Nova, it's always nice to run into other single/divorced fathers with custody of their kids. And you are right, they are my life. I have had mine for almost 8 years now and I wouldn't trade one second of the time I have spent raising them for anything.

Another very proud Dad,

Charlie

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
savant365 said:
I had a similar expierence Tuesday. And it was just because my daughter turned 14, I can't even imagine college time. Good luck and let us know if you find something that helps...I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Charlie
Oh my! Maybe you should start buying a straight jacket now! My daughter has been such a dream I think if she was harder to deal with it might make it easier. tho I have a 32 yr old that was holy terror, & I still have a hard time with her being so far away. I took a xanax that night. didn't do a whole lotta good don't drink- don't fight, did a little cussing, but that didn't help (just made me feel guilty) so I got up in the middle of the night & got on this site. helped a little. but then it just made me wanna go out & hunt. not good when it is 2 AM.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Another very proud Dad,
a Very Proud Dad,
Nova Treasure
Go Dads!

Thanx for the encouragement & support. (sniff sniff) wouldn't change anything tho, my time with my kiddren is my greatest treasure!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Get Back Nonbeliever Or The Rain Will Never Come !
I'm wiping tears from my eyes as I type this post .
I got custody of 4 , 3 girls and a boy , when my son was 9 and my current wife was brand new .
Fast forward to yesterday at WVU Graduation ceremonies .
My oldest daughter received her latest degree as a Nurse Practicioner as well as being a teacher of nursing at WVU Ruby Memorial
Hospital .
On the front row of the 'cheering section' were her father and step mother ; her husband , a senior Dective on a large city force and their 2 children , her second sister with degrees in psychology ; her youngest sister with degrees in clinical rehabilitation , her
3 children and her husband who owns his own megabucks graphic design company ; and her little brother , a master commercial electrician and foreman in an up and coming contracting firm .
There comes a time when you have to get in the cheering section instead of being the coach .

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
truckinb- wow! what a wonderful family! those are definitely words of a very proud parent.
"There comes a time when you have to get in the cheering section instead of being the coach ." every day.
I am so excited for this new life my daughter is starting out on, & it will be with tears in my eyes that I watch her give the graduation speach, & accept her diploma. All her thoughts of streaking on grad night are in the past (I hope) & a mature young woman has taken this crazy girls place. hopefully there will always be room for a little crazy (or a lot)

thanx for sharing your story.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
truckinbutch said:
Get Back Nonbeliever Or The Rain Will Never Come !
I'm wiping tears from my eyes as I type this post .
I got custody of 4 , 3 girls and a boy , when my son was 9 and my current wife was brand new .
Fast forward to yesterday at WVU Graduation ceremonies .
My oldest daughter received her latest degree as a Nurse Practicioner as well as being a teacher of nursing at WVU Ruby Memorial
Hospital .
On the front row of the 'cheering section' were her father and step mother ; her husband , a senior Dective on a large city force and their 2 children , her second sister with degrees in psychology ; her youngest sister with degrees in clinical rehabilitation , her
3 children and her husband who owns his own megabucks graphic design company ; and her little brother , a master commercial electrician and foreman in an up and coming contracting firm .
There comes a time when you have to get in the cheering section instead of being the coach .

Tell her congratulations from all of us, I hope when I reach this point in life I will be able to post a resume like this for my children. It sounds like you have done great by your family, that's all I can hope to have said about me one day. It also sounds like you have a pretty good crop of grandkids started, I am turning 40 this summer and I don't even want to think about being a grandpa yet. LOL... But I have to admit that I am looking forward to taking them fishing, MDing, fossil hunting and teaching them all the rotten little tricks that grandpa's teach thier grandkids to "get even" with their parents. My mother calls my girls "Her revenge" on me for all the stuff I did when I was a kid.

Charlie

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have the antiquated kial up, & can't watch videos. so sad.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
wow! another kleenex please.
thank you Texas

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Mark Harris was dead on .
Thank all of you for your fine comments on my good fortune .
My method of rearing children in a rural environment is being repeated with the grandkids :
Don't's are pretty basic : DON'T tease a rattler or copperhead > try to pet a strange dog >kick a skunk > walk in the barn behind the horses without letting them know > get between a cow and her newborn calf > cut toward your fingers with your knife >throw rocks at each other >come home from school and tell me that one of you was in a fight ....If there is one ; all of you
better be in it and be able to convince me that it was unavoidable because another person was the agressor . That proven ,I'll deal
with the teachers .
Do's are reasonably simple as well : Education is the highest priority because no one can take what you learn from you > Comm-
unication is a must . I'll go to the ends of the earth to find you but you have to leave me tracks to follow .(We paid for an 800 line
so there was never a 'no money for the phone' excuse and included a 'get out of jail free card': we won't ask why you called for a
ride home reguardless of the time of night , we'll just be there .) >Ask me before you attempt something you haven't done before
I probably can tell you the safest way to do it and you can ask me how I know if you haven't already heard the stories behind the
scars I wear.
I will uphold you so long as you respect yourself and your presence in this world .
Failure in one endeavor is simply a mark to measure successes in others by .
WE WILL NEVER END A DAY TOGETHER WITHOUT A SOLID HUG AND AN "I LOVE YOU ."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread