Snake Remedy Please!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've got a 6ft black snake that I can't get rid of.Four times in the last 2hrs he and I have gone at it.He must weigh 10-15lbs.I threw him once down to the back yard on the other side of the well house.15min later he was trying to come up the steps to the front again.Three times now I've run him back under the deck.Once he got all the way back up.But I don't want to kill him but neither do I want him wrap around my little dog.If it's a choice between the two,then he'll get the 410 treatment.He's pretty upset at us right now.Now it's dark,so I'll see what morning brings.But what will deter him away from the porch?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might try some crushed red peppers or splash him with hot sauce. Might work.
Scott

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
It's just a black snake? Let it be. It solves more problems than it causes.
Newt

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Newt said:
It's just a black snake? Let it be. It solves more problems than it causes.
Newt
Found him on the screened-in porch,coiled up by the glider one time and I won't have that.I wouldn't mind if he stayed under the house or something.

T

trish76642

arent King Snakes black? Of course it could be anything..King Snakes kill other snakes. If he keeps coming up to your porch maybe theres other snakes around....that gives me the creeps Makes ya wonder why he keeps coming up on your porch. You dont have a bird nest or anything on your porch thats he's trying to get to do you?

Get a Cat and some moth balls! They do make "Snake Repellant" you can get it at Lowes or Home Depo.
Of course a 410 makes a good snake repellant too.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
I've got a 6ft black snake that I can't get rid of.Four times in the last 2hrs he and I have gone at it.He must weigh 10-15lbs.I threw him once down to the back yard on the other side of the well house.15min later he was trying to come up the steps to the front again.Three times now I've run him back under the deck.Once he got all the way back up.But I don't want to kill him but neither do I want him wrap around my little dog.If it's a choice between the two,then he'll get the 410 treatment.He's pretty upset at us right now.Now it's dark,so I'll see what morning brings.But what will deter him away from the porch?

With you having a snake of that size around your house,it probably has lived in the territory all it's life and likes the feeding ground. The only way to rid of it,is to capture and haul it away to a different location or end it's mousing career for good.

I wouldn't use the moth balls that close to the house as the snake will just find another way around them and the moth balls can be very lethal with domestic animals.

Nova Treasure

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I can't help, but laugh at the mental picture of you and he "butting heads". ;D
If you're taking votes, I vote to relocate him well away from your yard by trucking him (or her. Sounds like a hardheaded female. :laughing9: Damn, that's funny.) down the road a ways. If it is a female, get her drunk and take her away. :love4: :sign10:

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
As snakes Grow their prey changes from smaller rodents to whatever is befitting a snake of it's size. That said this feller sounds big enough to be actually hunting your pets. Relocation is a good answer but then the odds of it finding prey big enough or plentiful enough to support its appetite is slim. Also it is illegal in many state to relocate animals from place to place. I'm afraid the .410 crowd may be right on this one. :-\

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
lonesomebob said:
DONT KILL IT TRUCK IT AWAY, snakes are good people, we had one named matilda that would come when called. Bob
Truck it away! I may trailer it away but that thing is not gettin' in my truck!Besides,I probably wouldn't be able to fasten it's seatbelt anyway.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe its a not a he---but a she and she has babies somewhere around your porch

Other than that I agree, get a box, box it up put it in the back of your truck and take it off, or just call someone that will do it for you.

T

trish76642

warsawdaddy said:
lonesomebob said:
DONT KILL IT TRUCK IT AWAY, snakes are good people, we had one named matilda that would come when called. Bob
Truck it away! I may trailer it away but that thing is not gettin' in my truck!Besides,I probably wouldn't be able to fasten it's seatbelt anyway.

LMAO WSD your so funny! :D :D :D

T

trish76642

Glad i didnt buy any Snake Repellant at Lowes, i woulda waisted my money.

The other day i had to cut down all my Cannons cuz the bugs were distroying them. I kept waiting to find a snake but i didnt. Now their coming back up, i dont want to dig them up cuz their so pretty around my back porch, but hubby keeps telling me "their gonna draw snakes." I wished someone would come up with a good snake repellant, or else im gonna have to get rid of my pretty flowers! :'(

T

trish76642

texastee2007 said:
~trish~ said:
Glad i didnt buy any Snake Repellant at Lowes, i woulda waisted my money.

The other day i had to cut down all my Cannons cuz the bugs were distroying them. I kept waiting to find a snake but i didnt. Now their coming back up, i dont want to dig them up cuz their so pretty around my back porch, but hubby keeps telling me "their gonna draw snakes." I wished someone would come up with a good snake repellant, or else im gonna have to get rid of my pretty flowers! :'(

Trish they don't like vibration....get some pretty spinners that will spin in the wind.

ohh ok Tee..thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions