Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's in your Garden?

I decided to extend my garden this year and got carried away, but it sure is nice to have fresh produce.
What we have grown this year,
Better boy tomatoes,rutger tomatoes,cherry tomatoes,stripey tomatoes,German tomatoes.
Banana peppers,bell peppers
Broccoli
brussel sprouts
Bush beans
Cauliflower
Purple Cabbage,Regular Cabbage
Cantaloupe
Candy Corn,Peaches & Cream Corn
Cucumbers
Okra
Squash
SunFlower
Watermelon

What's in your Garden? :sunny:
Nova Treasure

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: What's in your Garden?

Me Wallet.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

Yikes!!! That is a lot of stuff :thumbsup:.. I hope you have contracted with Kroger to take some of that off your hands. Just doing maters this year, and really enjoying the blue berries that I planted a couple of years ago(MMmmmm).. Good luck to you Nova... Gpurs..

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

GPURS said:
Yikes!!! That is a lot of stuff :thumbsup:.. I hope you have contracted with Kroger to take some of that off your hands. Just doing maters this year, and really enjoying the blue berries that I planted a couple of years ago(MMmmmm).. Good luck to you Nova... Gpurs..

BlueBerries would be cool to grow here.
It would be nice to contract with Kroger,lol but We always try to take care of friends and family with the extra. It's alot of work, but my kids are Excellent help and We do it as a family project.

Thanks,
Nova Treasure

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

All any of you are missing are some of my heirloom corn beans that have passed through the family for over 300 years . Once you eat these you will never touch a half runner again .

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

lemme think.............

Sweet corn, Parsnips, Green Beans, Wax Beans, Beets, Carrots, Bell Peppers, Mixed Bib Lettuce, Spinach, Early Girl Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Dill, Canning Cucumbers, Salad Cucumbers, Zuchini, Sunflowers, Buttercup Squash, Watermelon, Pumpkins, Eggplant

Asparagus, Raspberries, Strawberries, Concord Grapes (Perrenials)

In our orchard we also grow:

Cherries: Ranier, Montmorency, Bing
Apples: Wolf River, MacIntosh, Granny Smith, Gala, and two others I can't remember
Pears: Bartlett & Summercrisp
Plums: Red & Golden

Diggem'

Attachments

• 090710.jpg
    090710.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 358
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Diggemall said:
lemme think.............

Sweet corn, Parsnips, Green Beans, Wax Beans, Beets, Carrots, Bell Peppers, Mixed Bib Lettuce, Spinach, Early Girl Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Dill, Canning Cucumbers, Salad Cucumbers, Zuchini, Sunflowers, Buttercup Squash, Watermelon, Pumpkins, Eggplant

Asparagus, Raspberries, Strawberries, Concord Grapes (Perrenials)

In our orchard we also grow:

Cherries: Ranier, Montmorency, Bing
Apples: Wolf River, MacIntosh, Granny Smith, Gala, and two others I can't remember
Pears: Bartlett & Summercrisp
Plums: Red & Golden

Diggem'

Very Nice, ALOT of work, but very rewarding.

Nova Treasure :thumbsup:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

I've always wanted to grow 'chili-pikeens". Dont' know how you spell it. I live in texas, so HOT, is what's for breakfast.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man those peaches and cream corn is Soooo GOOD! No Asparagus?
You might consider the farmers market.
Scott

K

Kentucky Kache

Plant by the Almanac. You might get a pleasant surprise.

Yellow squash, Zucchini, cucumbers, water melon, cantaloupe, German Johnson tomatoes, Cherokee purple tomatoes, Golden Jubilee tomatoes, Rutgers tomatoes. Cabbage, Green beans, beets, bell peppers, onions, leaf lettuce.

truckinbutch said:
All any of you are missing are some of my heirloom corn beans that have passed through the family for over 300 years . Once you eat these you will never touch a half runner again .

I'm always looking for heirloom seeds. Do you sell them?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok, here goes. Besides the fruit and nut trees and grapes we already had, my son and I added 2 fig trees and 12 boysenberry bushes this year. Then, in the garden itself, we have dill, 3 kinds of cucumbers (already pickling), sweetcorn, zucchini, yellow squash, crookneck squash, spaghetti squash, 2 types of giant pumpkins, some pumpkin pie pumpkins, 12 bellpepper plants, yellow sweetpeppers, Anaheim peppers, jalapenos, cantaloupe, watermelon, 2 types of onions, a total of 43 tomato plants of various types, 3 kinds of beans, 2 kinds of peas and some okra. No pesticides used! Hope to have a bigger garden next year.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006

Speaking of heirlooms, I was frantic a few years ago. I thought I had lost some pole bean seeds from the old country that some one had given me. I planted a quart of the seeds and not one grew. I was frantic. I checked the fencing that I had grown them on the year before and found 2 dry pods with 3 seeds in them. I planted them and they grew, protecting them all summer with deer fence. I harvested 38 seeds that fall. I am now up to 2 quart of seeds. I couldn't go back to the man that had given them to me because he had passed away a few years before this happened.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

lumbercamp said:
Speaking of heirlooms, I was frantic a few years ago. I thought I had lost some pole bean seeds from the old country that some one had given me. I planted a quart of the seeds and not one grew. I was frantic. I checked the fencing that I had grown them on the year before and found 2 dry pods with 3 seeds in them. I planted them and they grew, protecting them all summer with deer fence. I harvested 38 seeds that fall. I am now up to 2 quart of seeds. I couldn't go back to the man that had given them to me because he had passed away a few years before this happened.
Know what you mean . We keep some seed in the freezer each year against a bad year like last year . Mother Nature sucked , deer and groundhogs munched , and our garden failed miserably .
Shared some reserved seed with friends in hopes that someone could harvest a good crop of seed to restock us all .
Jim

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

potatoes
carrots
onoins
tomatoes
zuchini
yellow summer squash
butternut squash
cucumbers
pea pods
parsley

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Noodle said:
Corn beans?
Local name for this heirloom green bean . Normally planted in hills with corn seed . Corn germinates and grows faster than the beans . The beans climb the well established corn stalks and utilize the cornstalks as support poles as they mature and the corn is past it's prime .

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Yea, I always did corn and pole beans together for that reason.
Pumpkins in same area, they like each other.

I only have a little place for some strawberries that I had to make a cage to cover.
Squirrels and other critters eat everything here if not protected. Ate my roses !

Neighbor brags about "Purple Erckle", "Strawberry Kush", and "Shishkaberry" in his garden.
Not sure what those are but he is happy with them.

Grey

C

Cappy Z.

I spoke with a friend from Ohio today. He and his wife bought a nice home with five acres. He talked like Mr. Douglas for months. I asked him what he has planted. It is mid July and he said, "Well, I've got the garden plowed."

I said, "I figured that much much. Any corn planted"?

There was a moment of silence.

"Naw, I've been practicing my guitar."

"And..."?

"Just weeds..lots of weeds."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread