What has kept me busy!

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Well I haven't been doing too much detecting lately because of another love. I know, I know, that sounds like I am cheating on metal detecting! But actually in the end, this will allow my wife and I to begin our underwater detecting, so I don't exactly consider it cheating. We bought a boat and will eventually be doing some underwater detecting off of her. We have been working on her and we can go out now, but will pull her from the water this fall for a complete rebuild/refit. She is an antique! This link is to our online journal chronicling the rebuild, experiences with her, and the future refit of the boat. It will also eventually chronicle our underwater detecting when we get to that point.

http://uniflitejournal.com/

Rich and Vicky

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice boat, congratulations! If you are going to use her for a dive boat you're probably gonna figure in a dive platform during the rebuild?

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks!! You are absolutely right, we are going to add a large swim/dive platform on the back. We do fish as well, but we will work around that!

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Well done! Has the makings of a great adventure! I didn't notice any mention of a name, any idea`s yet?

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW VENTURE! :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orale, Rico en Tejas!! Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone! We do have a name picked out. We don't mention it now due to sea superstitions. When it gets the total refit/rebuild, we will paint it on. Then we will go through the proper traditions on a renaming.
BTW, Vicky is writing the next update on the tale of buying the boat. It will be posted this weekend.

Rich and Vicky

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks Blacksheep! My wife is actually a pretty good writer even though that's not her profession. Once the story line catches up to where we are now on the boat, I will be adding some more technical journal entries based on the work on the boat. We do appreciate your interest, and anyone else that would like to keep track of the boat.

Rich and Vicky
uniflitejournal.com

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I have a Hooka set up and a underwater detector, Love to get to some clear water maybe canyon lake?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread