Yep...... stop lifting weights.

Sorry.... couldn't help myself.

Robin

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
Epsom salts in a very warm bath helps a little bit, ben gay helps too, but people say ya stink when you put it on.Muscle relaxers help too, but they make me lethargic and sleepy...

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I would also suggest relaxing in a warm bath, and if you can get it over their, add some Radox bath salts for sore muscles. Do this every day until the muscles get easier.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're that sore you over did it. My son is a degreed Personal Trainer and he has trained hundreds of people to attain physical fitness. Start lite and work up. For sore muscles, rest and a little aspirin is all he advises. Muscles that are sore are injured and have to recouperate. Always do warm up exercises before you start your serious workout. Even though you are sore, if you slowly stretch those sore muscles until they are warm, the pain will cease in a few minutes. I have problems with my knees and I use a heat pad for a few minutes before I go walking and it helps. Monty

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
Gargle with scotch ,and don't spit.
Preferably with single grain.....
Scott

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
take an all day alleve generic before you work out and a hot shower after you are done. siegfried schlagrule

S

stefen

DMSO and aspirin...rub it on and the meds go directly to the muscles...use on horses...

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When can you start back exercising? When your muscle is no longer sore to the touch start back up with light exercise, this will help get blood to them and speed healing. If you hurt this bad after exercising go slower and work back up to the level you want.

Ed D.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
IMO, all good suggestions & if you don't care for Scotch, good Bourbon can be substituted
with nearly the same results. Some of the guys I work with use a good essential oil,
Lemon Grass on sore muscles. It works too.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty had the best info. I might add that what I used to do yearrrrrrrrs ago when going to the gym was to get into the sauna for about an hour (hot as possible), then a COLD shower to rinse off the poison and get that shot of adrenalin, and turn up the hot water in the shower to finish cleansing. Man, when I walked out of the gym, I was feeling great and did not get sore muscles.

Since it's too late THIS time, try what SS suggested; an Alieve generic and a hot shower NOW.

The Rogue Warrior uses Bombay Saphire to relax instead of Scotch and HE performs exercises none of US would. ;D

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
Thanks guys (and girls) for the tips. I will try some of these suggestions (except the alcohol, because I am underage).
I am stretching now before I work out and I'm getting better.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Have to understand what's going on in the tissues you are working out. Overdo them and they YELL at you. Take it easier on your muscles and build up to where you want to be and through what the muscles can take on a daily basis. Good for you!! - Noodle

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I think I might have the best solution. I used to do this all the time (before I got lazy). Muscles will trap acids in your muscles from the workout (that's what I hear anyway). But the thing that works for me, is that you have to get right back up on that horse and workout again (with a lesser load). This will work out that acid and you'll feel a whole lot better. Trust me, it works.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had this problem once now I sit when I p.... :laughing9: :laughing9:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
DMSO and aspirin...rub it on and the meds go directly to the muscles...use on horses...

can you even buy DMSO anymore , I havent seen any in years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread