So, she got a flu shot... now shes sick!!!

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: So, she got a flu shot... now she's sick!!!

A flu shot can not give you the flu, but it can give you flu like symptoms. The flu shot is a dead virus.

The flu like symptoms, such as body aches and a slight temperature, are not from the virus but from your body doing what it's supposed to do. Creating antibodies and Resistance to the strain. If you experience flu like symptoms from a flu shot it is because your body didn't have much resistance to the strain, and is fighting hard to create one. It would be much worse had you caught the live virus.

A flu shot does not guarantee you will not get the flu strain, but it does build a resistance so that if you do get the strain, your body does need to fight so hard to beat it. Sort of a preventive maintenance. It makes the difference between being down for several days or just not feeling up to par.

It takes 2 weeks from the time you're exposed to a flu to show the symptoms. What I see most often is people who say "I got a flu shot last week and now I got the flu." Chances are you either caught the flu before you got the shot, or you're just feeling the effects of your body creating an immunity.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II

I know you're not supposed to be able to get the flu from the shot, I've read enough about it to know science can prove you can't get the flu from the flu shot. However, I've worked in a manufacturing plant in the past and every flu season at least 3/4 of the people out with the flu all got the shot. Those who didn't usually didn't get it at all. I've talked to others who all said the same thing happened at their jobs and they wouldn't get the shot either cause they couldn't afford to be out sick. I know the medical world says it couldn't happen but I'm just stating what I saw happen in the 8+ yrs I was there.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Ok, let me break this down crayola style...if you believe you will get sick, you get sick. It is a psychosomatic illness. There is NOTHING in the flu vaccine that can make you ill. NOTHING.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II

I fully understand what you're saying, and it may very well be psychsomatic acting like a placebo only in reverse. The mind is a very powerful thing/tool/muscle (however you choose to refer to it). I don't wish to be argumentative either but I was stating an observation and included a statement saying that some others I had talked to who were in similar circumstance and made the same observation I did but in their own work place. My understanding is that the medical association used to use a dead strain of a virus for the vacs but due to concerns like this discussion they created a lab or synthetic version, something with enough of the same attributes so the bodys immune system can build anti-bodies to attack and dispose of virus thus practically eliminating the chance of actually catching the virus from the vac (there's always the exception to the rule, science is almost based on it). With that being said, it doesn't take away from the fact of what I observed for myself for 8+ yrs (I'll get rid of the hearsay part and deal with just what I myself witnessed). I can't speak for them, a plant of over 500 people at the time, and to assume that they were all doing the exact same thing yr after yr would be very presumptuous of me especially since I know every body is different from the next body. I still think thats enough to make a person say "hmm, I wonder if they are getting it from the shot", even though I've read enough to know better. To wrap it up, I started out stating an observation and ended with an opinion. It would say the same thig whether I wrote it in pen, pencil or crayola (just might have taken longer and used more space in crayola, you ever try to write with one). For the record, crayolas are pretty cool. To those reading, I apologize for being wordy but I felt a response was needed for myself anyway. I'll step back now, I don't wish to argue the topic, discuss- great, argue- no. I said my piece and I'm out...

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've worked in a manufacturing plant in the past and every flu season at least 3/4 of the people out with the flu all got the shot

Not that surprising at all. It takes many months to create a seasonal virus pattern for the flu shots. What is done is they try and guess what types of bugs will be in a given area based on the past flu season. Quite often a strain or two that was unexpected makes it into circulation that was not addressed in the flu shot. I think it was just last year a rather nasty unexpected strain made its way across the country, and lots of people got the bug.

Again, the flu shot does not guarantee you won't get the flu, it just makes your immune system stronger against the expected strains.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Exactly. IT would be impossible to predict all strains of influenza, rotavirus, and the other bugs that get called "colds". The way they make vaccines is simple. The infect eggs (in some cases horses, or other animals) and then purify and strain out either the antibodies or fragments of the deactivated virus. There are very few live virus vaccines (I have had the smallpox vaccine, which is one of these).

As I said before, people often blame the flu vaccine, but correlation is not necessarily causation.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hope all goes well texastee

Yes a flu shot can trigger Guillain Barre if you have it in the first place, but it does not give you Guillain Barre.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread