So, she got a flu shot... now shes sick!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    10 times

So, she got a flu shot... now she's sick!!!

My GF works with 6 grade special ed. She got a shot last Monday and has been getting progressively worse. Today (a week later) she's kept a 100 degree temp for the last few days. I told her not to go in to work... but she did anyway. (she's not going in tomorrow due to my griping).

Now, I'm afraid to kiss her. Has anyone else had this experience with getting a flu shot and getting the full on flu

(I once thought that I would be protected from any H1N1 flu because I work from home... but now she's potentiall bring it home to ME)!!!

//a little worried because I have no insurance.

us
    "you can't fight with me...you're miniature...you fight like a hamster."

Nov 2008
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: So, she got a flu shot... now she's sick!!!

ok first.. you have way to much trouble with the opposite sex! its crazy!
    like... what if she gets swin flu then WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE!?? LOLOLOL
    sorry...not funny? to soon? ok!

if you get H1N1... its not like the normal flu.... its a lung thing..
    does she have trouble breathing? if she cant breath you better tell
    her to hit the road... unless she gets a test at the hospital, which only
    if it comes back positive for the flu will they pass it on to the CDC
    to find out if its H1N1.
    and if you have kissed her in like the last ten days... you already have the
    germs.. go take a clorox bath!

today and everyday ...... happy go lucky to be alive

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    35 times

You are not being sympathetic.Having trouble with the opposite sex is better than no sex at all. hehehe

us

Nov 2008
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by lonesomebob
    You are not being sympathetic.Having trouble with the opposite sex is better than no sex at all. hehehe
    ok bob!!! im just telling it like it is!!
    and yeah being DF09 is hard to beat!

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    North Central Florida
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8557 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin

Now, I'm afraid to kiss her. Has anyone else had this experience
    Nope, and I doubt you will find any old geezers on this site that are afraid to kiss her either.

Seriously though, I hope she gets to feeling better.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off early...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Half of everything I do today will be wrong. I just don't know which half yet.

Feb 2007
    The Lone Star State
    ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
    20 times

(I once thought that I would be protected from any H1N1 flu because I work from home... but now she's potentiall bring it home to ME)!!!

I was under the impression that the H1N1 shot didn't come out till October. So it might just be regular seasonal flu. Still no fun.
    CRH Totals
    Wheats 247
    Buffalo 6
    War Nic 6
    Merc 0
    Rosie 9
    Quarter
    Walking 15
    Franklin 27
    90% 82
    40% 501
    Proofs:24
    Boxes searched: 193
    Skunks:71

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    407 times

That pig flu vaccine was rushed out too damned fast. There's been no testing period to amount to anything. As far as they know, the side affects could be worse than the flu itself.

As for the sick girlfriend, she's most contagious when she had the fever temps. You can kiss her; just don't SHAKE HANDS with her. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    I hope she's feeling a lot better now and is able to laugh with the jokes. I had thought the public schools had the rule that if a teacher or student feels sick, especially with a fever, they are supposed to stay home.

I stopped taking the Flu shots years ago. It got to the point that everytime I took the shot, I got the flu. So I figured that if I was going to get the flu, I damned sure wasn't going to VOLUNTEER for it.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by K*E*L*L*Y
    O.k. you follow me a little bit too closely (but if makes me feel good that someone takes an interest in my everyday's). LOL

[yes, it was a seasonal shot]

She got a fever over the weekend, went in on Monday with it, and stayed home Tuesday. Then went to the doc's on tuesday and he told her that he thinks it 'might be' h1n1. So, great... it's just a matter of time before I get it. They sent off for tests, and we'll know something soon.

And yes, the schools say if you have a fever, you stay home. Period.

...and you know what's crazy? My dumb reasoning today was, "we'll you better drink tonight, because you won't get a chance to when you get sick".

BTW, if you google, "h1n1 map". You can find a map of confirmed cases in you area. And you know what? I was downright stickin' by how many people had it in my town (austin, tx). Probably over 500.

I did give her the little speech today about we shouldn't kiss. she seemed okay about it, and I held back my rant about how she's been kissing me for a whole week while she felt bad.

us

Nov 2008
    33 times

O.k. you follow me a little bit too closely (but if makes me feel good that someone takes an interest in my everyday's). LOL

[yes, it was a seasonal shot]

She got a fever over the weekend, went in on Monday with it, and stayed home Tuesday. Then went to the doc's on tuesday and he told her that he thinks it 'might be' h1n1. So, great... it's just a matter of time before I get it. They sent off for tests, and we'll know something soon.

And yes, the schools say if you have a fever, you stay home. Period.

...and you know what's crazy? My dumb reasoning today was, "we'll you better drink tonight, because you won't get a chance to when you get sick".

BTW, if you google, "h1n1 map". You can find a map of confirmed cases in you area. And you know what? I was downright stickin' by how many people had it in my town (austin, tx). Probably over 500.

I did give her the little speech today about we shouldn't kiss. she seemed okay about it, and I held back my rant about how she's been kissing me for a whole week while she felt bad.

well you did post a topic about how the last girl wouldnt leave you alone!!!
    so i was just pointing that out!

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    10 times

Yes... , Yes I did. And someday, I hope and pray to understand why I have to deal with the crazyness of this 'women' curse that I seem to have.
    So far, it hasnt' required professional help... Just the people of Tnet.

us

Nov 2008
    33 times

Yes... , Yes I did. And someday, I hope and pray to understand why I have to deal with the crazyness of this 'women' curse that I seem to have.
    hey mike the funniest part about THIS whole topics is.....(and none of the men here figured this out!)
    you just FAILED a HUGE test! yes... chicks test you guys on EVERYTHING... so by not wanting
    to kiss or whatever... you failed the "old age test". see... when you said that maybe you shouldnt kiss..
    this is what she heard... "wow when im 80 and i cant wipe my own @ss... hes not going to take care of me"
    its true! this is what we do... its a constant test to see how well you would be long term...
    sorry!

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    10 times

hey mike the funniest part about THIS whole topics is.....(and none of the men here figured this out!)
    you just FAILED a HUGE test! yes... chicks test you guys on EVERYTHING... so by not wanting
    to kiss or whatever... you failed the "old age test". see... when you said that maybe you shouldnt kiss..
    this is what she heard... "wow when im 80 and i cant wipe my own @ss... hes not going to take care of me"
    its true! this is what we do... its a constant test to see how well you would be long term...
    sorry!
    To be fare, I'll admit I'm somewhat of an idiot... I do so much better in person than a forum where people don't see each other...

I wish I knew the intricacy of life, but I dont... but... as it turned out, she didn't have the pig flu, just a cough associated with the injection. (thank god).

and thank god for the kids too,!!!!!!

pg
    my favourite food is witchetty grubs

Jul 2008
    hound dog
    3 times

sorry!

Your spot on Kelly;my wife and I are always telling each other to put our teeth back in.
    I freed my mind when I left god behind

us
    Mar 2003
    Dodge City Kansas
    XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
    187 times

No you can't catch the flu from a flu shot.

If you have a high temperature and it seems to be a respiratory(chest) infection you need to be tested.
    The real treasure is in the hunt....

us

Nov 2008
    33 times

sorry!
    To be fare, I'll admit I'm somewhat of an idiot... I do so much better in person than a forum where people don't see each other...

I wish I knew the intricacy of life, but I dont... but... as it turned out, she didn't have the pig flu, just a cough associated with the injection. (thank god).

and thank god for the kids too,!!!!!!
    yeah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links