Olympics

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
flip said:
Probably just as well, would have cost us taxpayers more than it brought in.
I don't agree. Being Obama's hometown in itself would attract the international tourists by the million especially
if he made regular appearances.
With todays rules he can't be President in 2016 but rules can be changed.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The EGO has landed guess they wood piles in coppenhagen?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
But he made a speech and everything. Even the first lady had a speech. I just don't understand how this could have happened. Here I was thinkin' that when he speaks people do as he says. Boy was I wrong. Oh well probably just as well considering the crime in Chicago. Think about all of the innocent folk from all over the world coming to a crime infested place such as that ! It would be the same as having it here in Atlanta again !

Personaly I believed he should have stayed here and concentrated on some more important business like the economy, and such. I'm sorry but I believe that there are more important things to be done then tryin' to get the olympics in his hometown !

I have to disagree on the crime thing. I think Rio is way more dangerous than Chicago, but the upside is that the women in Brazil are more beautiful and I can deal with that :D

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even Oprah Windbreak could sway the committee.
I really don't care about the Olympics anyway, so now Obammy can concentrate on REAL issues like Iran, joblessness, the economy,.....

Scott

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
First off look at nearly all the speeches BO has made in other countries concerning America. He
is either apologizing or making some remark on the problems or mistakes America has made &
of course, 'how wonderful it will all be since he's been annointed.' Then he goes there & tries to
sell them on Chicago. What kind of salesman runs down his 'product' every chance he gets, yet
still believes others want to buy it? He was soundly embarassed on the world stage & hopefully
it will let some air out of his grossly over-inflated 'It's all about me ego.'

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was rootin for Kenya .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rio's Cool.

the Olympics could be, if they were

Not fixed, and
used Instead of War.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Rio's Cool.
I can hardly wait for the Ladies Beach Volleyball :o

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Apparently the Olympic selection committee does not suffer from the same level of white guilt that so many pathetic Americans do :-\... Good thing for Chicago.. Gpurs...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I suppose the Selection Committee got a good look of a Honors Student being smashed in the head by a 2X4 plank until his noggin was nothing but a bad excuse for a smashed watermelon and all semblance of life left the poor young mans body. Oh yeah, all of this is while 2 other gang members watched and laughed. I guess I would have to vote against Chicago if I saw that, no matter how violent Rio is. I could respond to the comment of changing term limits , but I will venture no futher into politics here because I understand this is not the place. I am sorry the advocate of revoking term limits does not have that understanding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread