Caps lock feature in posts(Stop using it, it gets annoying)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to put a ban on the all caps lock typing feature for this forum. The only exception to use this feature would be shouting or if you were excited about a find. I hate going into posts and having to read a paragraph that is in all caps. It is relatively annoying and it takes forever to get down to the picture of the find. Instead of putting your post in all caps please just type it regularly like the rest of us.

You may only use the caps lock feature when appropriate(excited about a find).

Thanks for reading my post :)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7,232
  • caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3,406

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will usually skip a post typed in all caps. If it's a line or two, it isn't a problem. If it's a paragraph or more I will not even attempt to decipher it. It is almost as bad as people who won't use punctuation.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
If you are going to use all caps, you can improve your posts by also using long run-on paragraphs with no spaces and no new paragraphs. Oh, and punctuation is for losers, so don't use it either. :thumbsup:

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT IF I'M HARD OF HEARING??? IS IT OK TO USE ALL CAPS THEN??? YOU KIDS WITH YOUR NEW FANGLED MACHINES AND ALL THESE RULES RULES RULES, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CB RADIO 10-4 OVER AND OUT????? I REMEMBER TIME WAS WE HAD A THING CALLED MANNERS AND US FOLK WITH MANNERS KNEW OUR PLACE AND TO NOT GO POKIN' OUR NOSES IN EVERYBODYS BUSINESS, TELLIN' WHAT TO DO AND SUCH, just kiddin :wink: I don't think I have used all caps in any of my posts, but never knew it was a "rule" or netiquette or whatever, just for you OCD types I will refrain from using AlL CaPs, Is ThIs BeTtEr?? I think alternating caps to lower case ie: above should stand for being drunk!! My own contribution to the world and Netiquette(I really hate that title)

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Ok so what about funny sized fonts instead of being in all caps?

I am just wondering about that...

C

Cappy Z.

I can't believe I just wasted three minutes of my life reading this.... :dontknow:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out using all caps on the net because of the military. I worked in Base Opns and sent messages and teletype info out all the time and it was in all caps. Then someone told me it wasn't considered polite on the net., so I quit. So, how about laying off of the darn "quote" button while we're at it. Some people re quote everything on the post and I don't think anyone reads it the third or fourth time. Heck I don't read it the first time usually! And then lets ban anyone who can't spell Albuquerque. (Is that the right spelling?). And then every member gets to ban one other member of their choice beginning with the member with the most posts. No, wait, after everyone got finished there wouldn't be anyone left but one and he or she wouldn't get a chance to ban anyone. That's site discrimination and maybe a civil rights violation that is a felony. What was the topic? I forgot! M :wink: nty

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
The first time I was told using Caps in text was a form of Yelling, I about Wizzzed my self laughing.

OMG, I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE ANY MORE. SOME DAY I WILL FIGURE OUT WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All kidding aside, I understand the problem and mostly agree. Some people just don't know the difference and I am sure they don't do it to aggrivate anyone. Monty

goldseeker1982

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK KEY. I KEPT PRESSING THE SHIFT KEY FOR EACH LETTER, THAT TOOK TOO LONG TO POST. I HOPE THIS IS NOT TOO ANNOYING. I WONDER IF ANYONE WILL ACTUALLY SIT HERE AND READ THIS WHOLE POST? FUN TIMES, HOPE YOU SMILED ANYWAY. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and ban banners too! Then I can change my name to Bannerbanner! :laughing7: Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread