Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
To propose an idea like that leads me to believe that you never picked cotton . No offense toward you
intended . It is just such a brutally hard endeavor that the liberal tit suckled general populace we have today will have to get very desparately hungry before they will do that kind of labor . They will probably take to stealing first .

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Attachments

• Pigweed_plots02_rdax_250x376.jpg
    Pigweed_plots02_rdax_250x376.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 200

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
truckinbutch said:
To propose an idea like that leads me to believe that you never picked cotton . No offense toward you
intended . It is just such a brutally hard endeavor that the liberal tit suckled general populace we have today will have to get very desparately hungry before they will do that kind of labor . They will probably take to stealing first .
MikeofAustin brought up the subject of transients recently. There's a whole army of itinerant transient farm labourers willing to take up the slack in farm work.
In the article I quoted , one farmer hired 40 workers with hoes for weeding.
As long as the border is porous there will never be a shortage of workers to feed , clothe and
clean up after the American citizen(general populace).

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
I think we tried the "hand picking" of the cotton thing one time before and it didn't work out very well. Were still paying for that one.... Gpurs...

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
cant you just see it now` kid out there in welding gloves crying after 5 minutes how hard things are .....better yet get em out tasslin corn lol

S

stefen

Tried pickin cotton once...got a headack gettin that crud outa da assburn bottle... :laughing7:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
There are fewer people living in the farm belt ways of America. I don't see city folk training their youngsters to getting back to that type of manual labor.

I know that statement is getting away from the weed infestation which is the topic. This plant might be a genetic mutant from all the herbicides used and maybe even imported from another area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread