Breaking News: Mass shooting at Ft Hood Texas?

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
We should rename this thread correctly, "Hatred 101".

The Fort Hood shooting makes me stomach turn with disgust. The responses here add to that disgust.

Your attitudes do not make me proud to be a US citizen.

Most of you are pointing fingers at people not like you, trying to lay blame for the actions of one person on an entire group of people.

We don't know why this tragedy occurred, and it's foolish to assume you know why. It is even more foolish to fingers at people not like you, trying to lay blame for the actions of one person on an entire group of people.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Lasivian said:

The Fort Hood shooting makes me stomach turn with disgust. The responses here add to that disgust.

Most of you are pointing fingers at people not like you, trying to lay blame for the actions of one person on an entire group of people.

We don't know why this tragedy occurred, and it's foolish to assume you know why. It is even more foolish to fingers at people not like you, trying to lay blame for the actions of one person on an entire group of people.

If we didnt live in a P.C. world things like this might not occur.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Lasivian said:

Why would the views of some here make YOU ashamed of being a US citizen?

I'll bet no Muslim is ashamed of being a Muslim because of these shootings.

Jay

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lasivian said:

No, let's call this what it is, Domestic Terrorism 101! And whatever steps need to be taken to make sure this dosen't happen again should be taken! I guarantee you that if a middle aged white christian male did this, the media would crucify him! but in this case they are making all kind of excuses for this "poor" guy, while he gets the finest medical attention there is, and those of his kind rejoice in his accomplishment.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I am amazed at the kindness and sympathy shown towards this murderer.
As a person with psychiatric training he will be well versed in playing the "crazy card"
during his defence.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
piggy said:
I am amazed at the kindness and sympathy shown towards this murderer.
As a person with psychiatric training he will be well versed in playing the "crazy card"
during his defence.

Please do not a) Confuse logical thinking with blind kindness, and b) Ignore the fact that he is "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".

I'm sorry, but in the USA we do not allow vigilante vengeance, we have laws for handling these things instead. You seem to be forgetting that.

Saturna said:
Why would the views of some here make YOU ashamed of being a US citizen?

I'll bet no Muslim is ashamed of being a Muslim because of these shootings.

I don't know what Muslims are thinking right now, and i'm not going to assume that I do.

What I do know is that a lack of logical thought and a lack desire to uphold our own laws and constitutional rights makes the US look very stupid.

How can we dare preach to the world how great we are if we can't act the part?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I think folks are sick and tired of its Government and Society in general, being the "nice guy". with an "overkill" of political correctness.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
piggy said:
I think folks are sick and tired of its Government being the "nice guy". with an "overkill" of
political correctness.

This isn't PC, this is the constitution.

This is the highest law of the land, you can't just ignore it and say we're being too political correct so we should throw it out.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
After what the President has just said there's gonna be some changes :
"These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis. "

"It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an army base on American soil."

S

Smee

Lasivian said:

and then he turns around and says:

Lasivian said:
I don't know what Muslims are thinking right now, and i'm not going to assume that I do.

It sounds like "you can't lump them all in together" but "if it fits my need, I can lump them all in together." I am sure that is not what Lasivian meant. I'm sure it was a slip.

While I don't always agree politically - ok, seldom agree - with Lasivian, he is very consistent in his views. And in this matter I do agree. All Muslims can't be lumped into one group. They don't all believe the same, and they don't all hate this country. I know of a former Iranian army officer, a Muslim, who cared for an older crippled American Vietnam Veteran for almost 4 years. Before he died, my buddy told me they treated him better than his real family.

On the other hand, this man made his religion an issue by his actions and statements prior to the shootings. HE made it a religious matter. HE decided to bring religion into the situation. HE pulled the triggers. HE decided, based on his beliefs, that this was what he should do. Personally, I'm glad the woman didn't kill him. Now he gets to stand trial and face the people who lived. We get to show the world that we are a nation of laws. I hope the courts don't drop the ball.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
From the news, and a friend at Fort Hood (works at the hospital) some of the wounded were shot accidentally by the MPs. Secondly, we will not know this Maj. motivations until he is conscious and can be questioned. It may be religiously related, or he may have just not wanted to deploy.

NOT ONE OF YOU KNOW WHY.

I had a guy in my unit in Iraq, a Muslim, and he has deployed FIVE TIMES. I guess he should be deported? People of all faiths (or no faith, like myself) are defending your freedoms, and you want to throw someone, some group of people under the bus, because it is no fun to play cowboys and indians if no one wants to be the indians.....

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Smee said:
Lasivian said:

and then he turns around and says:

Lasivian said:

It sounds like "you can't lump them all in together" but "if it fits my need, I can lump them all in together." I am sure that is not what Lasivian meant. I'm sure it was a slip.

While I don't always agree politically - ok, seldom agree - with Lasivian, he is very consistent in his views. And in this matter I do agree. All Muslims can't be lumped into one group. They don't all believe the same, and they don't all hate this country. I know of a former Iranian army officer, a Muslim, who cared for an older crippled American Vietnam Veteran for almost 4 years. Before he died, my buddy told me they treated him better than his real family.

On the other hand, this man made his religion an issue by his actions and statements prior to the shootings. HE made it a religious matter. HE decided to bring religion into the situation. HE pulled the triggers. HE decided, based on his beliefs, that this was what he should do. Personally, I'm glad the woman didn't kill him. Now he gets to stand trial and face the people who lived. We get to show the world that we are a nation of laws. I hope the courts don't drop the ball.

I am lumping users together based on the viewpoints they are posting here for ease of debate, I can make a list of names and address each user individually but I think that would be more argumentative than I intend. I am doing so based on their actions, not my assumption of what their actions might be. I am also not saying anything akin to "all conservatives act like this", such an assumption would be completely unfair and unfounded.

You are correct, I'm not perfect, but I try my best to be consistent. Thank you.

Also, we don't know if "he" actually did this, have we seen the evidence yet? Do we know what the police and MPs know? Nope, in fact yesterday the military said both the shooter and the woman that shot the shooter were dead, then they reversed both of those pieces of information. That seems like some awfully large pieces of info to report wrongly if you ask me. It shows how little we know and how wrong information can be. Would I be shocked to find out the shooter is someone else? Not at all.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't trust any religion!
But I do put my trust into Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

GG~

S

Smee

Libralabsoldier said:
The MPs may have just shot the first muslim they saw and asked questions later. Isnt speculation fun?

Heard about it from someone who was involved in the shooting of the suspect.

He did make it a religious matter when he screamed "Allah Akbah!" (No, I can't spell it, but you know what I'm talking about).

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I wonder if some of you realize how many middle easterners and muslims are actively involved in helping train us to be prepared. We worked with several before I went to Iraq. The rhetoric about deporting all muslims is stupid, period.

I guess since the russians went soft and democratic we needed a new nasty enemy to demonize. I am waiting to see more details. As I also said before, there seems to be evidence that the MPs are responsible for some of the wounded, not the shooter.

OP
OP
Jimmy(PA)

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Libralabsoldier said:
I wonder if some of you realize how many middle easterners and muslims are actively involved in helping train us to be prepared. We worked with several before I went to Iraq. The rhetoric about deporting all muslims is stupid, period.

I guess since the russians went soft and democratic we needed a new nasty enemy to demonize. I am waiting to see more details. As I also said before, there seems to be evidence that the MPs are responsible for some of the wounded, not the shooter.

Hell, we have been at war with the Muslims since our ancestors battled them in the crusades. Its not new.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
And we are still going to the middle east for equally questionable reasons. Hatred directed at one particular faith group is unAmerican. Of course, there are those who have called for my deportation since I am agnostic, and personages no less lofty thant President George HW Bush said atheists and agnostics are not real Americans.....

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:

The friendly fire would not have occurred without the perpetrators actions, please put the guilt where it is due.
It sounds like you are taking up for him.

GG~

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Actuallly, I am going by this crazy, liberal AMERICAN concept of jurisprudence, called innocent until proven guilty, not proven guilty by the media, thanks.

I only hold one document as sacred, and that is the Constitution. This man is an American citizen, and a fellow member of the military. Pardon me for waiting until all the facts are in before I scream for him to be burned at the stake. I believe in justice, something that has been sorely lacking lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread