Veterans Day

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Veteran's Day

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. This year means even more to me, since I spent last year in Iraq.

With the recent horrific event at Fort Hood, it reminds me of something that I feel everyone should be reminded of: Who is an American servicemember?

We come from every part of America. From little rural towns, from inner cities, from the suburbs.
We are men and women.
We are white, black, asian, hispanic, and every other race, ethnicity and group present in America.
We are Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, pagan, atheists and agnostics, Muslims, and many other faiths.
We come from many other countries. Some of us join the military before we are even citizens of this nation.
We are college educated, or maybe even without a GED.
We are every political affiliation, or none at all.

With so many differences, what ties us together? What makes us the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen?

It is not the fancy gadgets, the best weaponry, or even the best training.
It is the fact that every one of us is a volunteer, and we join because we love our country, and we want to give something back.

To those who fought in wars, and those who served in peacetime, to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and to those who still live with the wounds of war, both visible and unseen, my brothers and sisters of the US Armed services, the Marines, the Air Force, the Army, the Navy, and the Coast Guard, I salute you.

:icon_salut:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Re: Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have, are, and will serve!

I will be in the parade at 0800 hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread