Religiously motivated massacre at Ft Hood really a "tragedy" ?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Religiously motivated massacre at Ft Hood really a "tragedy" ?

"There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts."

Thats all we hear from our elected servants ,,, "Tragedy", as if it was some natural disaster, or a piano fell on someones head or something.
Don't want or intend for this to get political, but someones got to step up to the plate and start calling a spade a spade.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwYEFasV3WqznkJoN2-BwTxAN4fgD9BV8RHG1

Attachments

• export.jpg
    export.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 231

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: Religiously motivated massacre at Ft Hood really a "tragedy" ?

I'm glad the FEDERAL AND MILITARY authorities are going to be handling the investigation.

That's not Congress's role anyway. They are law MAKERS, not some investigative committee.

GEESH. Let's throw some more gridlock at Congress. What do you want 10,000 people investigating one man's senseless (and even possibly linked) act INCLUDING Congress?

As they said they are going to let Federal Authorities handle it - that includes a WIDE range of assets.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I agree that the LE & military investigations should run their course before any federal investigations take place.
For a high profile event such as this, with apparently many failings at many levels, an eventual congressional inquiry is a certainty.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Ok :icon_thumleft:

When you said it's time to call a spade a spade, I thought you were insinuating Obama was somehow trying to protect this Islamic nut case.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Ill probaly suprise some folks here, But I belive 0bama did the right thing not mentioning the Shooters religion, (or calling a "spade a spade") It could only possibly cause more problems, If the Leader of the most powerful country in the world were to call him a Muslim terrorist, at this point.
We all know he IS, No one needs to tell me or anyone else he is.

I Hope the military still uses the Fireing squad, But of course due to military cutbacks Maybe we could just use a pellet gun and one trigger puller, till hes DEAD.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, I meant lets start calling this a massacre, an outrage, a premeditated homicide spree, instead of a "tragedy".

I realize that a high public official must pick n chose their words carefully, but I'm getting the impression that they are making a calculated effort to sanitize & sugar coat this.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

Xraywolf said:
No, I meant lets start calling this a massacre, an outrage, a premeditated homicide spree, instead of a "tragedy".

I realize that a high public official must pick n chose their words carefully, but I'm getting the impression that they are making a calculated effort to sanitize & sugar coat this.

It does seem to be 0bamas M-O to avoid taking a stand on anything concrete.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

He certainly seems to take more time considering his options and contingencies than GW! :icon_thumleft:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

Yes Thats working out Very well with his decisionin (or lack of) on Afganastan right now. Much like the succes of that very action (or lack of) Clinton took in Somalia.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

"There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said.
It's a tragedy for another reason which Obama was alluding to and that is the experiment
of Muslim assimilation into the Armed Forces was a terrible mistake of tragic proportions.

I think this event at Hood may have made his decision easier about scaling back in
Afghanistan, time will shortly tell.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

:icon_scratch: I wonder what the odds are that Ob will commute his sentence or pardon him...?

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I look for the obvious religious/racial implications to be played down to near 0, just as they did with the DC sniper recently sent to allah.

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Zephyr said:
:icon_scratch: I wonder what the odds are that Ob will commute his sentence or pardon him...?
About the same odds that GWB will convert to Islam and marry a Bedouin Princess
in Saudi Arabia.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

TEXAN Connection said:
Yes Thats working out Very well with his decisionin (or lack of) on Afganastan right now. Much like the succes of that very action (or lack of) Clinton took in Somalia.

Yes, GWB showed us that it's definitely better to act quickly without thinking. Hence why we're throwing away so many young soldiers lives in Iraq. :thumbsup:

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

Marc said:
He certainly seems to take more time considering his options and contingencies than GW! :icon_thumleft:

Yes, he really took a lot of time to consider the facts before he issued his declaration that the campus police acted "stupidly" when that black professor(and friend of O) let loose with his racist bile. :icon_scratch:...
The community organizer is in waaaay over his head and we will be paying the price for this mistake for decades to come... Aaaahh change...

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

All semantics aside it is a Murder, by a evil Islamist scum bag, and yes a terrible TRAGEDY!! :'( Politics aside, just publicly hang this insult to humanity. Do it like the Germans who infiltrated the US lines in US uniforms during the Battle of the Bulge. Those scum got a 3 day court martial, a cigarette, and a blindfold. I have some nice pictures of them right before execution in a book here at the house. Why do we have to wait????? This is war, Hasan is GUILTY!!!! Get it over with and quit dragging this TRAGEDY out. Give him his MILITARY court martial and send him on to Hades where he belongs with his master. I wonder if he gets 72 virgin subcuses?? Oh yeah, subuci do not come in a virgin model. Maybe he can be the virgin for a herd of demons!! I like that ideal :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

Lasivian said:
TEXAN Connection said:

Yes, GWB showed us that it's definitely better to act quickly without thinking. Hence why we're throwing away so many young soldiers lives in Iraq. :thumbsup:

We have been losing far more young lives in Afghanistan over the past 100 days or so since the commanders on the ground issued their plea for more troops. Let us not get confused with the difference between considerate deliberation and simply freezing up and not knowing what the hell to do.... This guy never had to make decisions like this when he was organizing the "community" :-\....

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

GPURS said:
Lasivian said:
TEXAN Connection said:

We have been losing far more young lives in Afghanistan over the past 100 days or so since the commanders on the ground issued their plea for more troops. Let us not get confused with the difference between considerate deliberation and simply freezing up and not knowing what the hell to do.... This guy never had to make decisions like this when he was organizing the "community" :-\....
Can we cut out the Obama bashing like you started in post #14.
I thought we'd moved away from that

K

Kentucky Kache

The return of Political fighting. Coming to a forum near you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread