Ever wonder what One Trillion dollars looks like?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Without Debt the world In which we exist would collapse from what I see. maybe wean off slowly if goverments were of like mind.
But that aint gonna happen, we either carry on, or Collapse into a Global major depression.

I say let it collapse, But probaly not many would agree with that, and it would be a Hard pill to take, except for the third world countries that wouldent even notice (other than wars running across thier borders of course)

Weve painted ourselves into a corner.
On a Personal level, Credit doesent seem to matter as much as when we were young. Debts a way of life. No Goverment can bail it out.
What do we do??? Keep intrest rates low. unemployment low, taxes low, Gov and personal spending low.. But the only thing I see is individuals taking that step, and one without the others... We are screwed.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Sounds good to me, individualy,. But we are way to deep now. our individual deciseion to NOT go into debt and pay off our personal debts is what caused the Global bankers to panick a yr ago ,and a little more recently (1st and second stimulous).
They pretty much demanded that the policians repay the debt that was owed to them for getting them elected and for promising the giving out of BAD LOANS.

Lets look at it smaller your a buisness owner operating on a pay as you go basis. Buisness is tolerable. bankers are calling you all the time asking "what do you want/need"
Geez I used to get credit card request everyday, My credits still good but i dont get one even once a week now.
We arent Buying or asking for loans, bankers are the ones panicking, they are the ones getting the bailouts.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'm doing okay, but like you, I'm not getting the credit card offers anymore like I used to
now it's about 2-3 a month

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
PERSONLLY. your a independent contractor. I wk for corporate America.

From my angle, the crunch is on, we are (not me, i just wk there) RAPING folks to get the Margin over cost to feed the stockholders, and pay off debt so we can go further into debt (worse iv ever seen). were squeezing every dime from contractors, and coustomers, we are loosing both and beting on the next one coming along and staying for awhile. Its a terrible vicious circle, Its always been the game, but not always been this bad.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
If you BUY gas for heating shop around we are 3.59 per gallon my independent competitiors as low as 2.25 per gallon. Thats rape. were all paying about 1.10. 1 dollar margin is tolerable Gross margine.
We are shooting for 2.49 Margine .... watch what your paying for materials my friend its coming to you soon.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've already been paying premium for materials that 5 years ago wouldn't even have made it to the jobsite.
corporate america is out of touch with the people. people aren't spending money, because they don't have it.
so big cos. are losing money, so they in turn raise their prices and even fewer can pay the price.
it's just a vicious circle

Jun 30, 2009
Also if you wanted to see what a trillion dollars is just ask George Bush, he frittered and gave away almost that much in 8 years, he must have some idea....

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
czechdetectingtours.com said:
Also if you wanted to see what a trillion dollars is just ask George Bush, he frittered and gave away almost that much in 8 years, he must have some idea....
That is the point...W used, or in your words, frittered away that much in 8 years, while your avatar spent 1.5 trillion in less than a year...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what one trillion dollars look slike in person, but I can tell you what it looks like when it's going away:

GIMMEGIMMEGIMME

Attachments

• nancy.jpg
    nancy.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 203
Jun 30, 2009
Obama did give away about 800,000,000,000 to fix the mess Dubya made. How much was the budget surplus in 2000? And deficit in 2008? When you know, let us know m-k?

Attachments

• bush460.jpg
    bush460.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 190

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be REALLY pissed at Obama for what he is trying to do as well! At least Bush had a surplus when he spent money. Obama is going through money like a drunk sailor on shore leave with the country already in deep debt! Maybe he should try to build up some surplus before he spends trillions of dollars!

Best-Mike

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Czech, you can take the blinders off now. Your supposed savior and hero has shown himself to be a flunky and a fraud. I'm no fan of Bush, but Obama makes Bush look like the great Ronald Reagan. Fix your rectal-cranial inversion and smell the coffee, admit your mistake and start working to fix it. Next chance to make amends for your poor choices will be next November.. Good luck, Gpurs...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
if every country had to settle their books right now, the world would be bankrupt

If every citizen had to settle their books right now they would be bankrupt too. :tongue3:

GG~

Jun 30, 2009
I'm quite happy with Obama, thanks. If you think he's a flunky, remember, at every turn he's hounded by angry Reps. who would do anything to trip him up. If Obama said "I think kittens are cute", you'd have the Reps. screaming "No, they're awful and ugly." Time will tell. I've never been 100% satisfied with ANY politician, Obama included, but considering what he's up against, I think he's doing as well as he can. It's funny you said the about Bush had the money to squander....did that make it right? Well, he's in the White House, , he's working to get us out of the mess he was handed, and hopefully will be for a long time. If you think we Americans are about to allow another Republican there anytime soon, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya! :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
czechdetectingtours.com said:
I'm quite happy with Obama, thanks. If you think he's a flunky, remember, at every turn he's hounded by angry Reps. who would do anything to trip him up. If Obama said "I think kittens are cute", you'd have the Reps. screaming "No, they're awful and ugly." Time will tell. I've never been 100% satisfied with ANY politician, Obama included, but considering what he's up against, I think he's doing as well as he can. It's funny you said the about Bush had the money to squander....did that make it right? Well, he's in the White House, , he's working to get us out of the mess he was handed, and hopefully will be for a long time. If you think we Americans are about to allow another Republican there anytime soon, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya! :laughing7:

Good one!
lol-smiley-bounce-ag1.gif lol-smiley-bounce-ag1.gif

Attachments

• ROFLMAO.gif
    ROFLMAO.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 85

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread