Anyone with a business try the "Remote operator"? (phones)

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Anyone with a business try the "Remote operator"? (phones)

I've since hired a service that's supposed to answer my phones (I forward it to them to answer), and they're supposed to act like someone in the front office answering calls/ taking messages, etc.
After seeing multiple calls from business at 7:am or there about over that past many months, not leaving messages on the business phone, I'm hoping it will work.

(yes, I do NOT wake up at 7:am). It's also about the time zones too... Altlantic time zone is two hours ahead of me, so when someone gets into the office at 9:am, it's still 7:am for me.

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: Anyone with a business try the "Remote operator"? (phones)

As a consumer I've found some of those to be down right rude. I would suggest calling every now and then as a customer, just to check up on what kind of service you're getting.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

ditto on that idea

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

For someone like MikeofAustin who's out of full time work, then I'd have thought the
effort of answering the phone personally at any time , day or night ,(via diversion to a mobile phone)
would have been paramount, instead of wasting money on a dummy answering service.

Mark_NC

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/sat, Tesoro Bandito 2, Fisher 1236x2

I have tried it Mike. Personally for me it did not work, but your situation may be entirely different. We operate on a 24 hour emergency service business model, so someone has to answer the phones. I found that several times I had potential jobs come in overnight or on the weekends and I never got the message until the next business morning. That was completely unacceptable for me as those calls are the high profit margins of my business. If all you need is a messaging service and do not have to return calls immediately, it may work for you, but then again if you are have the luxury of that kind of time frame, you may be just as well with letting voice mail pick up the calls.

Good luck

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

piggy said:
For someone like MikeofAustin who's out of full time work, then I'd have thought the
effort of answering the phone personally at any time , day or night ,(via diversion to a mobile phone)
would have been paramount, instead of wasting money on a dummy answering service.

Rude as usual TT

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

piggy said:

Tou-cha. But, can you imagine when a person works till 4 in the morning to get a project out for someone, and being dead beat the next morning.

Also, it's helpful when I'm currently one the phone, the it goes to a person, instead of a busy signal.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

WindHarvester said:
piggy said:

Rude as usual TT

I think TT is a person that we lot to hate, but hate to love. He's the type of person that when you actually get to drink a beer with the fella, he'll be the life of the party becuase he doesnt' hesitate to be straight forward.

So okay then TT.. you owe me the first round there cowboy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions